-
Posts
21173 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
206
Everything posted by Onoff
-
Feel like silly questions but may not be.
Onoff replied to MikeSharp01's topic in Networks, AV, Security & Automation
Sorcery! -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Noticed tonight little black insects on the stalks of some of the 50 runners. Is this "black fly" I've about? The ants seem interested in them. Do I need to do something about them? -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Yep, copied the same photo. Here's the one showing two pots in series with 1.6VDC. Constraints being surface area / available depth. I could try two zinc and two copper electrodes in the same pot... Last time I measured my own 4' long / 3/8" dia rod (TT) I got I think 47 Ohms from memory as an aside. For bigger battery fun I'm debating proper, copper clad rods for one electrode and zinc plated studding for the other. Maybe make a "pond" up, fed by the kitchen grey water to keep topping up the electrolytes? I'll get bored soon! -
Feel like silly questions but may not be.
Onoff replied to MikeSharp01's topic in Networks, AV, Security & Automation
Thought you drove an MG? -
https://www.labc.co.uk/news/how-get-it-right-notches-holes-solid-timber-joists
-
Feel like silly questions but may not be.
Onoff replied to MikeSharp01's topic in Networks, AV, Security & Automation
Unless you gave congestive heart failure when constipation, amongst other issues is a thing... -
Feel like silly questions but may not be.
Onoff replied to MikeSharp01's topic in Networks, AV, Security & Automation
Let's face it, it's good you remember to get up! 😂 -
Wow! How much? Think I'll stick to their chicken bakes and cottage pie then "feed" a homemade compost battery 💩
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Probably, in a roundabout way. -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
You draw it, I'll make it! Eventually 😂 -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Well...what to do after a beer and Thai box meal? Take a Zilt stick and bit of 15mm copper. That's my electrodes sorted. Lad's meter: Push into dwarf bean pot: 0.8VDC: Same again with the runner pot, link the two "earth batteries" together and we get 1.6VDC: Wonder if it's enough of a deterrent if I put two copper strips around the pot? That's for another night/month/year as I work at a.....snails pace! -
Brilliant thread tbh, I'm in awe. Wish I understood it but in awe.
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Is it a worry I had an inkling to what that was? I do miss going to the Erotica show. -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
I know, I probably shouldn't be allowed access to a pen... As you water the plot it'll charge the earth battery. Enough mV to deter slugs / snails? -
Talking of a bit rich... (Do I sound jealous? I am 😂 )
-
Kudos, I've always admired your fores....
-
The BiL funnily enough has knocked up a box section jib for the front of his dumper. No calcs, just rule of thumb / over engineered. I'll get a pic over the next day or so.
-
You'd have thought Any chance of running an extension lead to your place?
-
You just reminded me to add my emoji to @Big Jimbo's post! I'm just jealous mate, on the slippery slope to fuel poverty here unless I freeze to death first or can make insulation/electricity/fuel from runner beans?
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Good Lord the fermenting bucket of nettle based fertiliser don't arf chuck up! The whole garden stinks. The garlic spray seems to be working. Egg shells.....I'd like to use them but I've read to wash them or they can attract predators that eat eggs. The last thing I want is a badger traipsing through the beans. I've washed the egg shells, they're quite slimy inside. Once that's gone it leaves like a membrane you can peel off. I wonder does that need to be removed? The shells just to deter the slugs and snails. Also read they add calcium to the ground. Is that necessary given the chalk I have here? -
Discount Offers of the Week
Onoff replied to Ferdinand's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Not a problem if you've taken 3100 photos & 29 videos... 😉 -
8bar here as previously measured and mentioned, now tamed with a pressure reducing valve. Unusual I guess but an old smallholding in farming country at the end of a remote valley.
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
His sister was fit though...
