Jump to content

Onoff

Members
  • Posts

    21173
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    206

Everything posted by Onoff

  1. Noticed tonight little black insects on the stalks of some of the 50 runners. Is this "black fly" I've about? The ants seem interested in them. Do I need to do something about them?
  2. Yep, copied the same photo. Here's the one showing two pots in series with 1.6VDC. Constraints being surface area / available depth. I could try two zinc and two copper electrodes in the same pot... Last time I measured my own 4' long / 3/8" dia rod (TT) I got I think 47 Ohms from memory as an aside. For bigger battery fun I'm debating proper, copper clad rods for one electrode and zinc plated studding for the other. Maybe make a "pond" up, fed by the kitchen grey water to keep topping up the electrolytes? I'll get bored soon!
  3. https://www.labc.co.uk/news/how-get-it-right-notches-holes-solid-timber-joists
  4. Unless you gave congestive heart failure when constipation, amongst other issues is a thing...
  5. Let's face it, it's good you remember to get up! 😂
  6. Wow! How much? Think I'll stick to their chicken bakes and cottage pie then "feed" a homemade compost battery 💩
  7. Probably, in a roundabout way.
  8. You draw it, I'll make it! Eventually 😂
  9. Well...what to do after a beer and Thai box meal? Take a Zilt stick and bit of 15mm copper. That's my electrodes sorted. Lad's meter: Push into dwarf bean pot: 0.8VDC: Same again with the runner pot, link the two "earth batteries" together and we get 1.6VDC: Wonder if it's enough of a deterrent if I put two copper strips around the pot? That's for another night/month/year as I work at a.....snails pace!
  10. Brilliant thread tbh, I'm in awe. Wish I understood it but in awe.
  11. Is it a worry I had an inkling to what that was? I do miss going to the Erotica show.
  12. I know, I probably shouldn't be allowed access to a pen... As you water the plot it'll charge the earth battery. Enough mV to deter slugs / snails?
  13. Talking of a bit rich... (Do I sound jealous? I am 😂 )
  14. Kudos, I've always admired your fores....
  15. Get a room!
  16. The BiL funnily enough has knocked up a box section jib for the front of his dumper. No calcs, just rule of thumb / over engineered. I'll get a pic over the next day or so.
  17. You'd have thought Any chance of running an extension lead to your place?
  18. You just reminded me to add my emoji to @Big Jimbo's post! I'm just jealous mate, on the slippery slope to fuel poverty here unless I freeze to death first or can make insulation/electricity/fuel from runner beans?
  19. Can anyone advise what that plant is, second from the left in the border?
  20. Good Lord the fermenting bucket of nettle based fertiliser don't arf chuck up! The whole garden stinks. The garlic spray seems to be working. Egg shells.....I'd like to use them but I've read to wash them or they can attract predators that eat eggs. The last thing I want is a badger traipsing through the beans. I've washed the egg shells, they're quite slimy inside. Once that's gone it leaves like a membrane you can peel off. I wonder does that need to be removed? The shells just to deter the slugs and snails. Also read they add calcium to the ground. Is that necessary given the chalk I have here?
  21. Not a problem if you've taken 3100 photos & 29 videos... 😉
  22. 8bar here as previously measured and mentioned, now tamed with a pressure reducing valve. Unusual I guess but an old smallholding in farming country at the end of a remote valley.
  23. His sister was fit though...
×
×
  • Create New...