-
Posts
1464 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by Tennentslager
-
Yes, considered that but it means trenching through the nicest bit of the garden and disturbing nice raised planters and taking decking apart. Plus I'm more averse to digging trenches...it's on a hill so not a chance of getting a digger near. RE the floorboards above...there be a fitted kitchen in the way. So down a hole in the below stairs cupboard and bastard crawl it is???
-
Thanks to all, especially @Triassic and @Nickfromwales. This job may take some planning, reckon I'll have to cut the outside wall to get the new pipe in as its 3m long and won't go in from the hole in the floor. This will give a nice vent for what will be a dusty dirty job. Not starting for a couple of weeks ...unless I get too bored?
-
It's in use... Not replacing above as the toilet above is fully tiled and the cast continues through the roof! New tee will be secured with these http://www.drainageonline.co.uk/Flexseal-Couplings/Drain-Couplings.htm
-
I'm losing the plot here...Question Time is coming on, so *chilling* soon. Don't rip the piss too much.
-
Not a lot...under two ft and I've never been described as slight...well, to my face?
-
Papillon or Shawshank Redemption...
-
Naw...no room for blade travel. It's only an inch from the corner
-
Yep but concerned that is a bloody tight space and having the ability to hold the saw rigid as the travel of the blade will have to be held back to stop it hitting the brick...and/or using a whole pack of blades...and running out half way through the second cut...or any slight movement in the stack jamming the blade?
-
Bump for @Nickfromwales
-
Welcome to the forum?
-
-
It looks great so far...and once the door and window details are finished, it will look ten times better again! The final little details really bring it all together? Off cuts of larch make for tidy stove kindling??
-
It's right in the corner (vertical stack)and under the floor with very little crawl space so no chance of using a grinder or recip saw. Can hire a chain cutter for 33 quid and watched a couple of YouTube videos, I know, I know... Plan is to add a plastic swept tee for the new WC and use two couplers to make the PVC/cast joint good. @Nickfromwales am I crazy to attempt this? I know the stack has to be well supported above and the big risk is cracking the cast pipe...that's if there's room to get the chain around it while lying on my back! From what I've read it's not a job any plumber will be rushing to do...
-
Congratulations, time to plan the menu for the house warming party???
-
Trying to ascertain if this is a load bearing wall
Tennentslager replied to Tennentslager's topic in Brick & Block
A bit more clearly... Ground floor joists, perpendicular. First floor, perpendicular. Ceiling/roof, parallel -
Trying to ascertain if this is a load bearing wall
Tennentslager replied to Tennentslager's topic in Brick & Block
Was afraid you would say that...that's a handy job for my multi tool -
Head scratching...and I will need to find a suitable professional to confirm but seeking the collective knowledge of the forum first. Been under the floor today and in the loft. Concerned about this single brick wall between kitchen and dining...intend to knock it away for an open plan layout. Floor joists run perpendicular to said wall. Ceiling joists run parallel. Diagram Dwarf wall showing joists on top. The undesired dividing wall is offset 200mm from this. Some pics of the loft. Big purlins but supported every second rafter. The ceiling joists are split and side by side a third of the span and sit above the wall between bathroom and bedroom? Is this not putting a load onto the wall below? What I can't get my head around is that this first floor wall does not have a supporting wall below it? Opinions?
-
In this snip from Scottish BR says ensuite bathrooms are exempt from the need for a warrant...however I want to split a current bedroom into a WC/ wash basin room and a utility room, so strictly it's not ensuite...same thing or am I chancing it? 2016Regs_NoWrtRqd.pdf
-
-
I'm all for a mods committee to launch a rival to that George fella...I've made my tongue in cheek pitch?????
-
Dave you shed looks like a cartoon character from spongebob...??
-
85% finished...50% to go?? I'll be entering the buildhub shed competition once this is complete. Suspect we will need at least three categories, under £1,000, best aesthetic design and best re-use of materials. Winners receive 10 extra free *likes* and a screwfix voucher for a tenner. Patent pending on the competition format design...TL??
-
Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework
Tennentslager replied to Onoff's topic in Bathrooms, Ensuites & Wetrooms
Nick will be along shortly to say butter it up with silkabond both sides and bingo it'll be bombproof! -
Opinions on induction hobs
Tennentslager replied to vivienz's topic in Kitchen & Household Appliances
Well, I am prepared to be a convert...only used my sisters a few times. It's 5 years old and the biggest ring is smaller than her frying pan so my salt and chilli chicken wasn't cooking at the edge of the pan. The touch controls took a bit of getting used to as well. Power level 9 was not enough but the next one up was 'P' which was too fierce. Also was using a frying pan instead of a wok as twas a stir fry. However, everyone enjoyed the dinner in the end?. Sounds that from what @jack and @SteamyTea say these grumbles have been sorted by better hobs. -
Opinions on induction hobs
Tennentslager replied to vivienz's topic in Kitchen & Household Appliances
Ooh vipers nest...not for me, not for cooking. Yes easier to clean but not as good as gas for a responsive heat. I cannot at all get the hang of only having the heat directly above the ring...for that matter, the induction rings are too small. It's a personal choice but for me gas every time???
