Jump to content

ToughButterCup

Members
  • Posts

    11830
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    101

Everything posted by ToughButterCup

  1. As pointed out by the Mods above, the discussion should be about the wall, not the behaviour of people involved in the dispute
  2. A different route would work here.... deduct the cost of the electricity from the final bill. I'm sure that @SteamyTea, @Omnibuswoman and other regulars know that, in the round, and if the circumstances are appropriate, reclaiming unjustifiably incurred expenses from a builder is a reasonable thing to do. I write this post principally for those who lurk here on BH, but then - too late - tell us a tale of woe which ends by telling us they paid their bill in full. If builders make unreasonable charges, pay part of the bill and then agree a final settlement later.
  3. A good argument could be made for HMRC being told to do that (say why) so that others and not least HMRC's own knowledge base can improve. If a public organisation isn't (appropriately) Open and one that can be seen to publicliy learn from its mistakes, then mistrust flourishes. And we don't have far to look for current examples of that . In fact, since the lessons are all the more likely to remain hidden. . Could I suggest you - in your spare time - ask for an explanation please? BH members benefit greatly from articulate members experience. And we all lurvvvve a moan about they nasty HMRC Cock-Wombles.
  4. As written, to me, it seems that you have new built a house. Therefore....
  5. Hello - welcome. I bet you are fizzing with anticipation: remember that. Hold on to it like was a cherished family member about to fall off a - summat or other. Because you'll need to hold on to that memory for (potentially) quite a while. Lets hope not though. The bit of your post that will have hooked more than one or two on this board is And, given that collectively we are more nosey than a herd of under-fed tomcats we need plans, site plans, M+E design, poo tank details, pv design, photos - anything ..... please😁 Pop your ideas into the relevant subsection of the board, that'll release any inhibitions the BH Commentariat may have had. Cos we like other people's problems more than our own. Helps us treat our own procrastination better when we try to solve others' problems.😏
  6. Your ancestors chose what as a worktop?
  7. I used this site. I paid the $5, and cancelled the subscription straight away. I then had a month to download to my heart's content. In practice, I found that to 'wiggle' stuff in and out I need a few mm either side - hence a 600 machine really needs 608 to 610mm. And if you need to insert fingers down the side of a machine, then 15 additional mm per side is needed.
  8. Some? Some? Phhhh. It works 'tother way round too. Try having your evidence based opinion accepted as valid when you're a male Early Years Specialist.
  9. I think I can safely say that during the last 8 years of the build, I've had that feeling that you report once a year or so. I've just had my second new hip put in during the build. Doing a self-build is a hardening off process. It's one where you have to make thousands of compromises that you didn't expect to have to when you were in the planning phase. But it's quite important, I always think, to remember that being able to do a self-build is a privilege which many people can't do because of the planning regulations or for other reasons. Self-building is a real test of character. And in the end the only thing that matters is that you just bloody do it.
  10. Ugh, this thread.... Should be compulsory reading for all. It's got it all. Overtrading owner, Corns with massive chips on their shoulders desperate to make a point -that Emmet's needs akikin' and an owner too polite to put soom bloody stick about. And all I can do to help is wince and clutch my wither. There's no point in telling you to go down there and - in a staged but convincing way- lose your temper by bringing two verbal bricks together smartly such that there's an involuntary intake of breath on their part?
  11. There's the core problem. They couldn't give a stuff, because they aren't paying. Change the heater to one that has half the heating capacity, and hard-wire a timer 0700 to 1800
  12. To help you think this through, I need a little more detail..... In short, I think you could be wrong. The legislation could have changed since my experience with GCNs: our site may differ from yours in important ways (you are -now- operating in an SSI for example). In particular, I'm not sure what you mean by Conservation Payment : did you mean 'mitigation' or 'cost' ? First, to check I have your story correct: in a previous application no Mitigation or licensing was needed, but now, because of a small change in the plot layout, there is a need to mitigate and license? Working backwards, this would mean that you have moved part of your plot so that part of the plot now lies within 250m of one of several ponds ? Correct? That 'smells' wrong to me. Our ideas of 'small change' may differ, however.
  13. It takes a special kind of person to keep on keeping one. Four a couple of years, I was so deeply knackered at the end opf tghe working day. And now I really wish I had made the time
  14. ' In the event that .....' the rest of the instructions follow. So get your plough out.
  15. So there will be massive overpayment then. Please keep this news from @nod, he'll blow a gasket.
  16. February's bill landed on 'the mat' this morning..... Alternative Fuel Payment ...... in an all electric house ? Digging around a bit and .... gov.uk says .... https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1130933/domestic-alternative-fuel-payment-scheme-suppliers-guidance.pdf Downloaded 28th Feb 2023 So I'd better pay it back. Whassa betting it'll take a dozen phone calls and emails to get it paid back?
  17. I think you need proper, qualified, intelligent and intelligible advice. PM for a phone number. His name is Paul Usher: here's his bio . He works for one company, but - to me anyway - gave unbiased, independant and extremely valuable advice
  18. No, for the reason you give.
  19. MVHR box with in-line pre- and post- heater ? £2000 ish.... Like this almost - minus the hose.
  20. If you provide Social Housing, you are a Provider. And so, must be competent as indicated ( 21, 2, a) and b) . In otherwords, be expert at it. And we know we've had enough of experts.
  21. Your post reminds me of those 'O' Level maths problems where the challenge was mostly - whats the question? The maths involved is simple. What - for you - does near enough bang on mean? Buy a roll of string and four pegs. Mark out the largest exact (?) string square within the shape you have already got. There is your error margin right before your very eyes. What's near enough? You decide.
  22. That was the ' ... But...' above.
  23. Here's one possible answer to the kitchen problem. At one time, we considered using a similar company. But. We had the same behaviour three or four times. A picture is worth a thousand words - only to some. In this context - to some companies - a picture could be a Permission Slip.
  24. I heard that they'd bought a load of cheap red paint
  25. The top layer of our flat roof uses Evalon VSK , not GRP . @SteamyTea's advice put us off GRP. We lapped it over the top of the ICF and down the side a good way (200 mm?). Then put Tyvek waterproof rainscreen overlapping the VSK, sealed with tape. All covered with Siberian larch cladding.
×
×
  • Create New...