Jump to content

MikeSharp01

Members
  • Posts

    5693
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    16

Everything posted by MikeSharp01

  1. Looks like they had a couple of tools on the front seats of the van.
  2. It looks like they drilled some small holes to let a bit of air through - still a bodge of the first water.
  3. Usually Called: Planer Thicknesser and I have one somewhere, not sure quite when I last used it / only once on the build so far but I am expecting it to get work during the fit out.
  4. Nice if you can afford to keep if full, which by the looks of it even Leibherr can't afford to put more than a few bits in it!
  5. not just imagination but perhaps, with a few exceptions, also: moral fibre / creativity / intellectual capacity / any interest in or empathy with the people they are supposed to be serving / leadership skills / negotiation skills / emotional intelligence / persuasion capabilities / sense of economic reality / ability to share and adhere to the truth - shall I go on?
  6. This has the makings of a good / timely discussion. My wife describes me as the master of access panels but not in the sense that they look any good but rather that they are everywhere! I have this drive to ensure I can get at everything that might need or facilitate servicing, upgrade, the back of the bath / shower valve top and bottom of risers and these all appear in the walls - and she hates them all. On the build I am doing all I can to get them into places where they don't show in the room EG into Wardrobes, behind vanity units, covered by removable panelling. So any other ideas will be gratefully accepted round here.
  7. Nope. Did the work have planning permission? Not sure how this would change things but I am not sure the council have any rights over what you can do in your front garden (as long as it is not illegal or immoral or fattening). You could offer to put up hoardings.
  8. Well done, you wonder why life has to get more complicated even though things are more complex using them should be simpler - very little is designed anymore just an extension of an extension with very little care for backwards compatibility (EG 5GHz).
  9. Switch your old wifi router on and look at the connection settings to see how it connects and if that works, should do as it used too, you might look at adding just the wifi point to the new network and see if you can get a connection. Also check that all the network protocols are active 802.11b etc.
  10. Is firestick failing to connect or failing to see internet once connected? It maybe that it does not offer the required level of security so cannot connect. In which case you can back off the security level for that devices MAC address to allow it in in your config if this is possible on your system, otherwise you may have to lower it for everybody and secure it all by MAC address or set up a VLAN for such devices.
  11. I think it should have a small plastic screw in the top hole (ours does) which allows you to bleed / shut it as required.
  12. Proper bootlace ferrules and cable numbers - respect!
  13. Great panel - then put some pilot holes in the bottom so they can be fixed down from underneath.
  14. Love the clip, useful all over the place. Would a couple of counterbored holes in the top bar add the ability to screw the clips down when needed.
  15. Charging the EV is a correct use case but as I think we have seen before when one of the batteries is flat it will look like an EV and you don't want it, the other battery, to charge it back up so it (they) sort of need to know I think.
  16. How do they, not you, know?
  17. What do you think of them - online docs feel a bit limited and I am struggling to find sound levels and the like. I have also been looking at Salda (Made in Lithuania) very keen pricing (at about 35% of Zender) but by comparison with Zender look to be noisier by 7 or so db. Also Zender look to be on very long, 7-8 months, lead times.
  18. Yes - Get the nulling concept but worry that it only works if the whole thing is synched up in analogue form once you have any DSP (Digital Signal Processing) in in here I feel jittery about predicating behaviour in the nulling and somewhat fear ringing taking hold. I guess that provided, as would be the case, they are both locked to grid phase the various response timings cannot get too far out.
  19. The whole discussion sounds more like a lesson in the dark arts at Hogwarts than a gathering of double glazing sales people. Still it has definitely raised the tone somewhat as even @pocster has been somewhat restrained (perhaps evolving into some sort of scientist) - and now he is brining a third battery to the party (in the EV) - this should be fun. PS I still think this will only work if the two sub-systems (PW and SE) can talk to one another and decide what to do when the overall system (the house incl charge point) is put under load and/or when PV / cheap leccy is available. I worry that the nulling idea, simple as it sounds - and the best ideas are the simplest, will come down to the resolution of their respective ADCs and associated response times - I can't put my finger on it but something about +ve feedback is ringing alarm bells in my head but it might just be the beer.
  20. I am still unclear what you are saying here adding the SE without installing some sort of interventions is not going to work?
  21. Lets suppose I build my own silencer how about I add in one of these: url = https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/condensing-radiator-380-x-360-x-50 and give myself the chance of providing heating and / or cooling?
  22. Bullet proof vest might be more useful, but you are correct and I, like you, never go far without a pocket full on 1N4001s.
  23. Can I suggest a meet at 12 noon tomorrow at the OK corale to sort this out. @pocster will bring the ammunition I am not sure that the obvious problem here is not more simply seen from the big picture. Whatever the equations you need to be able to act on them / what they tell you, and it isn't obvious, to me, how such interventions might be achieved with these two devices, their associated systems and controls.
  24. Sorry it was above I must have missed it - only England beating Germany at football on the telly so not sure why I missed it.
×
×
  • Create New...