I have written a number of articles about adapting a house to be more suitable for use by people who are frail, older or disabled.
This is a list so that anyone interested (or not interested) can find them slightly more easily.
Converting a Downstaitrs Bathroom into an Accessible Shower Room
Cost for this was just over £2k, including about £1k for the Fitter Labour and £250 for a shower seat and grab rails etc. A full replacement would have cost about £2500, with perhaps £1250-£1500 of materials. For a DIY version it would have cost £1200-£1500.
A detailed set of 6 articles:
- Accessible Ablutions - Strip OUt
- Accessible Ablutions 2 - Ducts for the Future
- Accessible Ablutions 3 - Half Way Photos
- Accessible Ablutions 4 - Finished Photos
- Accessible Ablutions 5 - 3d Printing
- Accessible Ablutions 6 - Costs and Components
Project Discussion thread:
More will be added as and when. The next projects are a further bathroom refurbishment upstairs and an accessibility ramp on the front path.