Rubber Roof Ladder (Or was it a dream?)

Barney12

OK, no amount of Googling is sorting this. I swear I watched a YouTube video (but for the life of me don't remember which!) that showed a guy using what I can best describe as a rubber set of steps laid across the roof tiles and hooked over the ridge. Such a good design in comparison to a clunky metal roof ladder.

But did I just dream it?

Top tip for internet searching where you know what you're looking for but don't know what terms to use: just use natural English and browse the image results!

That link was on the first page of image results for "rubber ladder".

2 hours ago, jack said:

Top tip for internet searching where you know what you're looking for but don't know what terms to use: just use natural English and browse the image results!

Mmmmm. Try 'hardcore' and do that

NO DON'T

Imagine the challenge in my job a few years ago teaching undergraduate students how to use logical operators while searching the Internet. Almost all female.

Nightmare. I used to dread teaching that session.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Declan52 said:

But you will have to walk up a roof and throw that out instead of using the wheels on a roof ladder.

True but when dealing with natural slate the potential for damage from an aluminium ladder is high and so the two combined could work well? 

Edited by Barney12

As a kid I used to watch a Japanese (I think) cartoon called "Marine Boy", underwater adventure type thing.

Searching for that in the now internet age brought up a whole lot of images I wish I hadn't seen!

On 17 August 2016 at 14:03, Declan52 said:

But you will have to walk up a roof and throw that out instead of using the wheels on a roof ladder.

How about roll it up rolling a length of rope into it. Throw the rope over the roof, pull from the other side and it will unroll the ladder up the roof.