Recommended bathroom suite merchant??

Just wanted to avail myself of the wisdom of (knowledgable) crowds before deciding where to purchase some new bathroom gear. I had made note to self a while ago about joyou, whose parent co. was Grohe so they seemed worth a look. But they seem to have ceased trading so back to square one. Any thoughts/suggestions? 

We brought everything from our local independant bathroom shop and I am glad that we did they were absolutely brilliant, they helped us with all the designs and made us realise why the ones that we had dreamt up wouldn't work, they matched the lowest internet prices without us forcing for a discount, stored it all for us and have been brilliant with faults or us loosing bits (fast flow shower wastes) replacing them free of charge and delivering all the bulky items as and when we needed them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PeterStarck said:

I bought all our bathroom stuff for three rooms from Bathstore. They had everything we wanted, we liked the designs and buying in bulk we got a good discount on top of the sale price.

I've had a very similar experience.The last two properties we did were all Bathstore. good design, good quality and good discounts.

Its worth remembering though that they are a franchise so desire to discount will vary by owner.

Just a tip.. If you decide to mix and match beware that there are an infinite number of shades of white. They all look white in the show room but when you get a bath from one place next to a basin or pan from another the difference can be obvious.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Please all, let's not take this useful thread any further off topic.  The markets and exchange rates are what they are, and there's nothing to be gained from rehashing the hows and whys of Brexit.

Thanks B|

• Like 4

Yup let's avoid the pithole.  I deliberately bought all of our bathroom and shower room fittings from Megabad before the 23 June at 1.31 € / £, IIRC (even though I wasn't anticipating installing them for another 6 months) for my own reasons.  Since then for whatever reason the rate has bounced around between 1.10 - 1.18 €.  None of the credit forecasts anticipate the £ strengthening in the foreseeable future.

@jack, I agree that the reasons for this drop in the £ might be controversial amongst some of our members, but the fact remains that importing goods from abroad it now a lot more expensive, and this fact is relevant to this thread.

3 minutes ago, TerryE said:

... but the fact remains that importing goods from abroad it now a lot more expensive, and this fact is relevant to this thread.

I never said otherwise.

If you want to discuss historical exchange rates and what rates you happened to get several months ago, have at it, but I personally feel that information is of pretty limited use to people looking for bathroom suppliers today.

My main focus was avoiding off-topic political discussions from derailing a useful thread.

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

and when it was going to be a day late a REAL person contacted me with an apology. 

It really doesn't take much, does it?  We all understand that stuff happens.  It's how suppliers (and tradespeople, etc) respond that determines the impact of that stuff.

7 minutes ago, jack said:

It really doesn't take much, does it?  We all understand that stuff happens.  It's how suppliers (and tradespeople, etc) respond that determines the impact of that stuff.

They were snowed in apparently.