Rendering in the cold

ToughButterCup

I need to crack on with our rendering / parging / slurrying. But it looks like there'll be a bit of a nip in the air soon.

I have organised a cover for the parged / rendered / slurried area (well, I get moaned at if I get the term wrong  O.o)

Should I simply avoid the process in the very cold weather? Or is there some witches potion that we can add to the mortar mix?

28 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

I need to crack on with our rendering / parging / slurrying. But it looks like there'll be a bit of a nip in the air soon.

I have organised a cover for the parged / rendered / slurried area (well, I get moaned at if I get the term wrong  O.o)

Should I simply avoid the process in the very cold weather? Or is there some witches potion that we can add to the mortar mix?

I’d hold off for this week Ian

- 6 forecast in the evenings

Even a slurry coat will lift or not harden properly 

You can get admixes from all the usual places e.g.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Sika-Wintermix-Chloride-Free-Admix+Frostproofer---5L/p/133788?CAWELAID=120135120001185214&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=52608956144&CATCI=aud-305024815433:pla-298182958475&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI36H-4-LA2QIV75XtCh3mQADbEAQYASABEgKa7vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

T'station do the Evebuild one I suspect might even be the same as the Sika stuff.

Must be my Limerick roots but they do say the Irish wonder what the English do with the time they save by rushing!

Explains a lot! :)