Plastering Moisture Resistant Plasterboard

Onoff

47 minutes ago, Onoff said:

The missus said "Are you going to fill this little hole?". Pressing my nose up against it and it looked massive...

Different perceptions of size I guess! 

Oo’er misses !

V.impressed with Gyproc Easi-Fill 20. Though it says to leave overnight I couldn't resist sanding one bit with some 120 grit paper in the Mirka hand sander. Seems to disappear against the white Leytex paint and leave the surface perfect. Will likely do the rest in 180 grit tonight.

Then two coats of Diamond Matt or just one?

(Desperate to put my Bluetooth speakers back in! :) )

Edited by Onoff

13 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Two of top coat. Don’t sand it too smooth, 120 is fine. 

Ta. Too many references to "Matt" on this tin to cover up and fool the missus. Need another plan. Where to buy an empty 2.5L tin, today.....

She does know that gloss will look like a cheap council swimming baths and drip condensation onto her when she’s lying in the bath ..?? 

Well thats whah you need to tell her anyway ..!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Ta. Too many references to "Matt" on this tin to cover up and fool the missus. Need another plan. Where to buy an empty 2.5L tin, today.....

Do it when she’s at the shops, hide the tin, say tin was empty and has been chucked when she asks. Job done. 

52 minutes ago, newhome said:

Do it when she’s at the shops, hide the tin, say tin was empty and has been chucked when she asks. Job done. 

No need. Found empty 2.5L tins locally! Just need to get creative with a label. :)

20 hours ago, PeterW said:

No more mist coats ...!!! Only need in one normally ..! Get some decent paint on it. 

It's as filled and as flat as it's getting. Feels lovely. 

Now I know you said it doesn't need another mist coat but I've rubbed thru to the plaster in some places. Would another mist coat hurt if I wanted to?

And if I did should I wipe down with a wet rag beforehand?

Ta. 

Edited by Onoff

9 minutes ago, Onoff said:

No but the Diamond Satin will be on me!

I used to love Diamond White once upon a time. Completely sober to oblivion for about 50p back in the day. Used to team that with Pernod on the rocks with the strangely opaque look. When I became more sophisticated (not!) I hit the voddy trail instead :).  

You finished that bloody painting yet? 9_9

3 minutes ago, newhome said:

I used to love Diamond White once upon a time. Completely sober to oblivion for about 50p back in the day. Used to team that with Pernod on the rocks with the strangely opaque look. When I became more sophisticated (not!) I hit the voddy trail instead :).  

You finished that bloody painting yet? 9_9

I've never painted a ceiling "properly". I'll start another thread.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I've never painted a ceiling "properly". 

Why start now?

Just paint the bloody thing. If you do a bad job the poor plastering won’t be so obvious.

7590E243-A1F6-4E2E-BECE-2606ADF6DDA1.jpeg

Edited by daiking

1 minute ago, daiking said:

Why start now?

Just paint the bloody thing. If you do a bad job the poor plastering won’t be so obvious.

The plastering looks good now I think. After the EasiFill 20, which sands down a dream it's really smooth and I've given up running my fingers over it. It now just feels "right" to stop and paint. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Onoff said:

The plastering looks good now I think. After the EasiFill 20, which sands down a dream it's really smooth and I've given up running my fingers over it. It now just feels "right" to stop and paint. 

Do it ! Paint it ! England to win ! ( hate football btw )

32 minutes ago, pocster said:

Do it ! Paint it ! England to win ! ( hate football btw )

Decided to mist it again as soon as I'm home...after running my fingers across it and maybe some more light sanding... :ph34r:

I hate painting almost as much as football tbh.

Diamond coat will go on tomorrow night as SWMBO's off out with the youngest.

21 hours ago, newhome said:

Posh or what - I drank White Lightening - much cheaper

• Haha 1

On 10/07/2018 at 19:38, daiking said:

Why start now?

Just makes me realise how good mine is now by comparison, considering its a DIY job. Did you pay someone to do that?

Edit: If you were nearer you'd be welcome to this virtually full bag of EasiFill 20 I have. I couldn't live with that. Not in the bedroom is it, the missus will be constantly picking up on it! :)

Edited by Onoff