Floor plans. Thoughts

So I have spent sometime redoing the original floor plans that out original architect produced.   The house is 200m2 excluding the garage.

image.thumb.png.04d6f49f039e27574ec37598e678cb53.png

image.thumb.png.6a83bf30800681f894c9cf7753217682.png

The orange windows are ones that are tall ones

I don't like this current fashion for high TV placement either.  Some of our friends have theirs just a few inches from the ceiling - ridiculous.  It's not comfortable to look at unless you're standing up.  I suppose it makes sense if you have young, unruly children, but otherwise, high TVs are for sports bars, not living rooms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thorfun said:

where's the TV going? (please don't say above the fireplace!)

+1. Centre of the TV at (or close to) eye-level when sitting...

@ETC - I do like these, but the site plan is as follows.  That is why the bedroom and entrance were to the left hand side.  We didn't want the lounge looking out at the driveway and wanted to use the east end of the property for the kitchen / lounge.   Our requirements are as follows.

1)  Downstairs bedroom with a shower room nearby which can be used as the cloakroom for guests.  
2) 3 bedrooms upstairs with a large master with dressing room and ensuite.  No ensuite to other bathrooms and one main bathroom
3) Utility room

I do like the designs you have done, especially, the exterior of the house, but given the internal width of the house is 6.2m, two bedrooms next to each other will be small < 10ft wide.  

image.thumb.png.3858ee41df62e8657223083aeaca6558.png

I think the point of @ETC revised layout, is whatever room layouts you have, you want the entrance and stairwell near the middle of the building, not near one end.  Then you can access all rooms with a minimum of corridors (wasted space) to get to them.

This was a major design requirement of our house.

7 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I think the point of @ETC revised layout, is whatever room layouts you have, you want the entrance and stairwell near the middle of the building, not near one end.  Then you can access all rooms with a minimum of corridors (wasted space) to get to them.

This was a major design requirement of our house.

Ok, thanks.  That is a good point and I hadn't considered that.

Pointless post in my opinion 

your building a house for you and your family, not for anybody on here. 

our opinion doesn’t matter, do what you feel fits your needs. 

my house would be no good for 75% of the people on here. 

we walked around our two previous houses and took measurements and notes on the things we like, what we needed and what we didn’t. 

our last house the main bedroom and en-suite was 44m totally over the top, this time it’s down to 28m. 

build it to fit your life, not to get our approval. 

• Like 2