Makita and Coffee Lovers Combined

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

I'm not allowed to drink coffee. Fuels my aggression apparently!

I can have two cups a day, both before around 1-2pm. Anything more than that and I'm lying awake staring at the ceiling for all hours.

I also find myself getting more anxious if I drink too much, so I tend to keep it under control.

Shame, because I love it more than most other things in this world.

I could give up an awful lot of things but coffee isn't one of them. None of that horrible decaf stuff, either; a friend of a friend occasionally sends my way a catering pack of coffee beans by a well know Italian coffee brand.  I like a challenge and it would be rude not to accept, wouldn't it?  Mind you, Aldi's rich java ground coffee is pretty good.

• Like 1

I have a Krupps now.  I gave up on the little Gaggias after my second one died, but my Iberital grinder is still going strong.  The Krupps milk steamer setting is very good, better than the Gaggia in my view, it produces a really dense froth for my early morning cappuccino.

4 hours ago, Barney12 said:

Yes, by as much as a century in bathroom finishing terms ;)

I was speculating as to the appropriate SI units for rate of tiling. My investigations have found two units - as opposed to the more normal case of just the one unified unit. Also more curiously in this case the only difference is in the scale of the time divisor. So (sorry bad grammar Jack) in the normal world the unit is m2/hr while in an anomalous corner of the south east (not far from here) the unit is m2/aeon. This gives us tremendous insight into the curious disturbances in the self build fabric which occasionally manifests itself in achingly slow progress but is yet perfectly aligned with an official measure of getting things done. 

Treated myself to the Neff integrated bean to cup in the kitchen, should be arriving in a few weeks. Massive expense, completely unnecessary but don’t care, I wanted it and decided I’d grafted enough of my own free labour to justify a treat -  and now I can’t wait for my new toy to arrive ???

Keep the coffee bean recommendations coming - need something absolutely top drawer for its maiden voyage!

• Like 1

So I really don't like coffee. Never have. Except we have a coffee machine (Sage) and I make a Latte most mornings. 

I only ever source coffee that has been freshly roasted and not too dark. Makes a coffee that tastes like it smells rather than bitter and burnt or just like coffee flavoured milk. 

There are two roasting houses withing walking distance of Glasgow Central station - (Dear Green and Gordon Street Coffee Roasters). I bought some freshly roasted beans at Borough Market last week and it was lovely (Ethiopian) too. 

Contrast that to the times we tried supermarket beans - with no roasting date - never expressed properly and pretty nasty. 

Find a proper artisan coffee shop, try them out then buy the beans. It's time and money well spent! 

I just wish cafes understood that people that drink black coffee don't want it so strong that it is painful.

Generally if I see the Lavazza sign I know I can get something drinkable.

See the Origin sign and I know it is going to be dreadful.

The worse place for coffee is the Cornish Hen.  They may as well just give me a cup of boiling water and charge me £2.50.

The best is the cafe in Tehidy Wood.

Disclaimer.  I cannot comment on anything with milk, froth, syrups, soya, bubbles etc

I like strong cool coffee, but coffee only in the morning and tea for the rest of the day.  

I hate it when a customer makes a brew and I need an asbestos mouth to take a sip. Then I put it down to cool, forget about it, then the customer spots it and thinks I didn't want it, says "don't like my tea eh?" and then never offers to make another cup :(

So, I go to Greggs and buy lunch, they give me the meal deal and it comes with a hot drink for pennies, I stroll back into the job swigging my brew and the customer says "I'd have made you a cup if you'd have just asked me" :S

Stone the chuffing crows. 

These days I just say "where's the kettle?" and make my own. Thirst vs manners.....thirst wins.