Strong Curtain Poles.

Iceverge

We have a few small Tarzan type humanoids running around the house who make great theatrical use of the drapes.

Alas with inevitable consequences for the doily airing spindles that home stores sell as curtain poles and brackets. 

Eson Casa Curtain Poles for Eyelet Curtains, 72-144 cm, 25mm Diameter Splicing Curtain Pole Set, Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Drapery Rods with Adjustable Brackets for Bedroom, Living room, Office

I particularly admire how the bracket is shaped to pull any fixing from the wall with tremendous efficiency. Law of the lever and all that. 

Does anyone have any suggestions. Ideally something that small people can practice for Olympics with? 

47 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

Does anyone have any suggestions. Ideally something that small people can practice for Olympics with?

Take them outside, let them climb some small trees, get muddy, dunk them in cold water.. will save their lives later if they can handle that.. which most kids can do then your blinds will be safe.

Edited by Gus Potter

Is there any "K" or "A" shaped brackets rather than the "L" shaped ones to provide more mechanical advantage.

In the mean time I will work on Von Trapping my kids within an inch of their puny little existences! 

image.thumb.png.6ea4b5f9504a3231714eabb1dccb5a5c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

Is there any "K" or "A" shaped brackets rather than the "L" shaped ones to provide more mechanical advantage.

In the mean time I will work on Von Trapping my kids within an inch of their puny little existences! 

image.thumb.png.6ea4b5f9504a3231714eabb1dccb5a5c.png

This is looking at it from the wrong end !

Your kids are demolishing your curtains. The problem is the kids and the curtains, not that you need Hoover Dam type curtain poles.

And the solution is in the Sound of Music. Be Green and Make Like Maria.

Did not Sister Maria von Trapp reduce the load on her curtain poles by making the curtains into uniforms for the sprogs?

Easy-peasy: 😁

ken02.jpg

Then put on the SoM in a domestic theatre you are about to build in your Garden Room.

(I will accept no liability for subsequent domestic revolutions.)

• Haha 1