Undercounter sink

Pocster

50 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

Has the manufacturer got some : If-Your-Name-Is-@Pocster installation instructions?

Nope - not really 

Just some clips - but that’s for an existing worktop . I need to position and support pre worktop 

IMG_8835.jpeg

Edited by Pocster

2 hours ago, Thorfun said:

my chippie mentioned something about fitting battens that the sink lip sits on. not sure if that's possible or any good for you?

Yeah that’s what I was thinking . 
But what spacing ? . How much worktop should be at the front of a sink ? 

20 minutes ago, Pocster said:

95mm at the front and 130mm at the back leaving 110mm once the upstand goes in if your having one 20231120_192540.thumb.jpg.26bee37b299db24f50f6acb44abbc476.jpg20231120_192528.thumb.jpg.d93b0cd8dedcf80e46032a861b16a3aa.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pocster said:

What would you recommend for distance from tap base to sink ?

Looks like they split the difference and put it in the middle, the template boys recommended where to put everything 20231120_193629.thumb.jpg.eb59c1e62d059d6a71c4dc636c20fbeb.jpg20231120_193719.thumb.jpg.19610b203b831262bd2639e9de5e2bb0.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pocster said:

I think I did mine more or less 50/50 with the tap positioned central but so both windows would open. The sink was fixed with G Clips.

https://www.gclip.co.uk/Undermount_sink_installation.html

IMG_20161111_094004.thumb.jpg.b64740f315596e52e53cb12d73dd0697.jpg

• Thanks 1

All we did was leave the sink in the box in the kitchen and the guys from the worktop company did all the figuring out when they came out to template. Can't fault them. 

Ours was then glued on by the worktop fitters. I didn't trust it so fitted a a timber batten across the back. Not fallen off yet.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Conor said:

All we did was leave the sink in the box in the kitchen and the guys from the worktop company did all the figuring out when they came out to template. Can't fault them. 

Ours was then glued on by the worktop fitters. I didn't trust it so fitted a a timber batten across the back. Not fallen off yet.

Just the back ?

I’m tempted to put a batton on all 4 sides 

1 minute ago, Pocster said:

Just the back ?

I’m tempted to put a batton on all 4 sides 

One at the back and then a steel strap along the front, fixed to the unit sides, not the worktop. But the adhesive they use seems rock hard.

• Like 1

When I replaced the Mother-in-law (anagram of woman Hitler) kitchen, her old sink had been fitted with just silicone. Sat there fixed for 25+years no problem. 

In terms of tap spacing, I would say the underside is more significant than the top. Picture having to tighten that locking nut in 6 months, how awkward is that going to be? 

I've seen the Swan neck flexi taps fitted on a back corner of a sink and I thought 'hmm I suppose that's more logical'. 

14 minutes ago, Pocster said:

It’s in .

Tap space will be awkward ( but always would be anyway ) .

I will install them as a test ( bit of timber with hole in ) . To see how much of a pita it could be …

IMG_8878.jpeg

IMG_8877.jpeg

careful. at this rate you might be finished by 2026!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pocster said:

Had to notch for the waste ( lovely sink , waste and overflow Aldi plastic ) 

Do I need to silicone / ct1 under the sink lip ? . Feels pointless as worktop will be over it and sealed down anyway .

IMG_8879.jpeg

ours wasn't. worktop guys came in and siliconed the worktop to it. although they were so quick i didn't even see it happen! but i'm sure there's silicone there. 😆

• Like 1

I would set it forward a fair bit.  Ours has 65mm of worktop at the front, 140mm at the back.  Too close to the back and you won't be able to clean around the tap base and fitting the tap will be a pain.  Also you will have to lean over more.  Mastic before you fit the tap.