Swindon office style ceiling

Pocster

9 minutes ago, Alan Ambrose said:

Maureen from accounts will like it :)

Actually I was wondering today whether something like this would be good for a very functional basement.

Maureen is a sex god ! . Locked in my basement tied to a post . She’ll certainly do my accounts and more than willing to let me check her figures …

Edited by Pocster
  • Haha 1

Have some unique problems with sky lights .

Hole not square . Used lite weight backer board to give something to bond to but also provide lip for ceiling ( apparently there is no ‘proper’ solution to sky lights in a suspended ceiling like this so the manufacturer tells me ) . Then ct1 plasterboard type tiles in . The seams show the plastic tape which in a normal ceiling you’d never see . That’s going to bug me - so some trim over them later .

IMG_8667.jpeg

Probably not a solution out there as corporates don't care about serfs seeing the sky, they would just go straight across the skylight and if they're feeling generous might stick in some frosted perspex tiles that go a nice yellow after a few years, matching Maureen's eyes. Seen these office tiles used in US houses, always taken aback to see them in a domestic situation, not sure why.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Probably not a solution out there as corporates don't care about serfs seeing the sky, they would just go straight across the skylight and if they're feeling generous might stick in some frosted perspex tiles that go a nice yellow after a few years, matching Maureen's eyes. Seen these office tiles used in US houses, always taken aback to see them in a domestic situation, not sure why.

Yeah true . But that’s a bit crap in my house . Maureen was always cheap 😉

54 minutes ago, Pocster said:

there is no ‘proper’ solution to sky lights in a suspended ceiling like this so the manufacturer tells me

There are ready-made translucent, dimpled panels that simply slot into the space.

If you want to form a white or shiny box up to coincide with a skylight then it is doable.

A surprising amount of light tends to find its way even if you don't. But it will be more about day and night recognition than illumination.

It gets hot in the void you have created,

• Like 1

Will you lot stop with the Maureen please....... she was, as well as my teenage nightmare (one of those so called duty girlfriends) , -twenty years later- the self-same Maureen was my nightmare of a line manager also.

Christ-on-a-Bike - she could pick holes in sheets of polished stainless steel. All Debbie has to do is to start saying the name, and in remembered mental agony, I clutch my withers still.