the man who built his London house from DIY tutorials

joe90

But the spirit of the piece is positive isn't it ... the emphasis is on sharing and helping others to do the same .  

Just what BuildHub is doing in a slightly different way.

... Their house is a participant in the Open House Festival, running from 6 to 17 September, where people can visit a variety of open buildings....

Here's the map that the organisation publish  (Open House Festival)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pocster said:

I know - I’ll stop posting 

Like the GPO then, they don't want to do anything on a weekend, or when it is dark, or wet, or too hot.

Hang on, have I got the wrong topic here, it is because I am waiting for Thursday's comic to come though my letterbox.

• 1 month later...

so there's this guy, right, who literally built his own house in London just by following a DIY tutorial. 😲 can you believe that? I mean, London's not exactly known for easy building projects. he must've spent ages on YouTube and home improvement blogs, 'cause you can't just wing it with pipes and electric stuff without getting zapped or flooded. 🚧 and the weather? classic London with rain probably didn’t give him a break either. he definitely had to be a jack-of-all-trades kinda dude. 💪 laying bricks, doing woodwork, plumbing, and who knows what else. bet the neighbors were watching this whole thing unfold like some reality TV show. they must've been placing bets on when he'd give up and call in the pros. but nope, this guy sticks it out, probably with more trips to the hardware store than a kid to a candy shop. 🛠️ the house must be full of all these quirky features that you'd never find in a regular home, like shelves that can hold like, two books before they become modern art on the floor. gotta say, it's pretty inspiring. makes you think about what you could do with a couple of tools and a whole lot of patience. 😃 who knows, maybe his house will start a new trend where everyone's DIY-ing their own places. "Hey, who did your extension?" "Oh, just me and a couple of internet videos." That would be something!

• Like 1