Dishwasher space

GrantMcscott

For some reason twisted unit wall not flat I am left with 605 / 6 mm gap for my dishwasher at the front and 600mm at the back.  The kitchen doors are 595mm and I am concerned that 5mm to 5.5mm on each side of the door of the dishwasher will look odd.  I am not getting appliances until later after the quartz worktop has went on so it will e to late

what do you think?

20 hours ago, markocosic said:

Integrated dishwasher?

Custom made doors?

Ask for a slightly bigger door to keep the gap to what you want it to be.

Non integrated dishwasher?

Meh. Won't notice.

Intergraded dishwasher so you think you will not notice it?  Wren kitchen do not think they do custom doors.

Have you got a better picture of that run .I would certainly want to fit dishwasher before having quartz worktops fitted..The detail on the housing end is wrong ,the end support panel will completely mess up the door gaps .

If the walls are not straight the base units should have been spaced away from the wall .Probably a bit late now assuming the decor end has been cut back on the housing.

The kitchen company I worked for always allowed a 50mm gap behind the base units as the quartz was templated to fit,made life a lot easier.

Have you got all the plumbing and electrics sorted there is no room behind the D/W for them ?

1 hour ago, cherryfountain said:

Have you got a better picture of that run .I would certainly want to fit dishwasher before having quartz worktops fitted..The detail on the housing end is wrong ,the end support panel will completely mess up the door gaps .

If the walls are not straight the base units should have been spaced away from the wall .Probably a bit late now assuming the decor end has been cut back on the housing.

The kitchen company I worked for always allowed a 50mm gap behind the base units as the quartz was templated to fit,made life a lot easier.

Have you got all the plumbing and electrics sorted there is no room behind the D/W for them ?

Plumbing and electrics are in also there is a 50mm service cavity on the back of the cabinets.  

On 05/11/2022 at 18:15, GrantMcscott said:

For some reason twisted unit

Late to this (but used to be a kitchen fitter), then the units need straightening 

On 05/11/2022 at 18:15, GrantMcscott said:

wall not flat

Then the units should be spaced out to cope with this.  (Walls are very rarely flat/accurate).

I don’t think you’d really notice it, and you could always fit the dishwasher hard to the right and take up some of the excess with the door on the left. If you can see it then remind yourself how much worse would’ve been had it been the other way and you were a few mm short!

• Like 1

Is there a filler to the wall on the right of that housing ?

If there is can you take that ESPanel out and move the housing to make the gap for DW .You can flush fit brackets into the decor end for the Quartz to rest on. Then fit new housing filler.

The plinth line is much better if you cut the bottom of the decor end out and make it the same size as the housing end.It enables you to run a continuous plinth along if you leave it as it is there is nothing to support the end of the plinth in front of the dishwasher.

5 hours ago, cherryfountain said:

Is there a filler to the wall on the right of that housing ?

If there is can you take that ESPanel out and move the housing to make the gap for DW .You can flush fit brackets into the decor end for the Quartz to rest on. Then fit new housing filler.

The plinth line is much better if you cut the bottom of the decor end out and make it the same size as the housing end.It enables you to run a continuous plinth along if you leave it as it is there is nothing to support the end of the plinth in front of the dishwasher.

So what you are saying remove the decor pannel that is being used to support the quartz and replace with Lshape brackets and then move units down 20mm

IMG_0236.JPG

My favoured solution would be to remove both decor panels and move the appliance housing to leave a 604mm space for the dishwasher.  Put brackets on the end of the appliance housing to support worktop. support worktop. After the worktop is fitted, cut down the tall decor panel to clad the upper part of the housing.

Or just leave it all as is.

13 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

My favoured solution would be to remove both decor panels and move the appliance housing to leave a 604mm space for the dishwasher.  Put brackets on the end of the appliance housing to support worktop. support worktop. After the worktop is fitted, cut down the tall decor panel to clad the upper part of the housing.

Or just leave it all as is.

there is no appliance housing just a space for the appliance.  I am going to remove the small decor panel and move units up if I cut down the larger one to clad the top then it will not look right as it is need to cover the profile that is running up the side of the tall

Edited by GrantMcscott

Mine sounds similar, a run of units ending in an integrated dishwasher, then a tall unit for the ovens.

I kept the full height decor panel for the oven unit, but as suggested supported the end of the worktop on brackets from that, and the dishwasher space goes right up to the oven unit decor panel.

stone_worktop_1.thumb.jpg.a2bd93c9d1c79104aefc64f0801f64fd.jpg

9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Mine sounds similar, a run of units ending in an integrated dishwasher, then a tall unit for the ovens.

I kept the full height decor panel for the oven unit, but as suggested supported the end of the worktop on brackets from that, and the dishwasher space goes right up to the oven unit decor panel.

stone_worktop_1.thumb.jpg.a2bd93c9d1c79104aefc64f0801f64fd.jpg

yes think I will do that

One more thing .You need to cut a strip of board about 602mm long, angle bracket each end to the decor panel and base unit it gives you an accurate width also set it so you can get the top gap above the trim .

You can also fit one at the back the same size,will also support the quartz. Hope that helps.

43 minutes ago, cherryfountain said:

Yes I agree with Prodave  it’s the best solution.I would still cut the Decor panel back to keep the plinth line.

If you have the tools and skills to do that neatly, I agree, but I suspect if I had tried it, it would be a rough edge to the cut that you would forever see, so I left it intact and separate kickboards.

18 hours ago, ProDave said:

If you have the tools and skills to do that neatly, I agree, but I suspect if I had tried it, it would be a rough edge to the cut that you would forever see, so I left it intact and separate kickboards.

But if you cut it back so it finishes behind the plinth it won't be seen.  Just mark the cut level with the bottom of the doors.