Another From The North Of Ireland (and a hell of a lot more information and self-build chat.)

Guest Alphonsox

No that's slieve croob. We are building towards the back end of the field.

I'm not honestly sure how much water flows through it at its worst might be better waiting and find out first or put 200 mm instead. They both flow into the same culvert in the bottom corner of my site where I had thought of creating a stone sump or concrete chamber to manage the water.

I got a quote from PVNI at the end of June - was for £4,900.  he said on the phone he'd come down a bit after we got talking to other companies. I’d imagine it'd be possible to get a good bit off after getting quotes from other companies that but I’m not ready for pv yet so didn’t follow up any other companies.  is the deadline the end of this month when the roc payments reduce?

1 hour ago, DeeJunFan said:

I got a quote of 4750 from The solar panel company.

The were very quick getting things setup. 

I can forward you an email  address if you'd like?

D

Yeah please. What panels and invertor was that. Was that a good price for you? We got ours last sept for 4700 with the 4 ROCS.

27 minutes ago, Shell820810 said:

Yeah please. What panels and invertor was that. Was that a good price for you? We got ours last sept for 4700 with the 4 ROCS.

Best price i got.  Could maybe have push sun renewables another bit but didnt want to deal with them after they messed me around with the in-roof system.

This is what we got.

Hope all is well, your 4kw system will contain. 16 black mono 250watt SolarWorld panels with German mounting kit. SolarWorld factory insurance is included with our system 25 year performance warranty.
SMA inverter with 10 year factory warranty with online monitoring to give you peace of mind.
I boost system for heating water over summer months with 5 year warranty.

The guy i dealt with was called Mark and also a rep Paddy.

Mark Bailie <mjb240@icloud.com>

Patrick Kelly <patrickjkelly100@gmail.com>

Hope she gets sorted.  As its getting close to the cut off.

D

• Like 1

What's the pressure like where you are. Mine is only 25mm but my pressure is very high. They only bring the water to a Toby box at your boundary after that it's up to you. Will also charge you for the water used during the build. Think mine was £20-£30. 

Depends on the main you are tapping into. How big is it and how many houses does it feed.

No they just charge you a set fee. It will be on the bill when it comes through. Is there a house close by that you could use to test the flow. You just fill a bucket  with a hose for a min and that will give you something like 15L per min  flow. A plumber will have a pressure gauge to tell you the exact pressure. 

On 30/08/2016 at 10:38, JamieM said:

Can anyone here recommend a good company to hire out scaffolding here in NI (we’re based between Antrim and Ballymena 2 storey house and storey and a half garage)

Had a family friend who was willing to lend us some, but that hasn’t worked out.

And now we’re just about ready for scaffolding and need to get some hired, or bought. Probably hired as I believe it is hard to get a hold of it to buy (second hand) this time of year but would consider either option.

I am going to use Google to find a few companies but thought I’d check if anyone had any recommendations first.

Thanks

I have now managed to get some scaffolding (or rather my girlfriends fathers friend has some we can borrow (so we'll get a professional to install and certify))  but we need to get scaffolding planks as he doesn’t have any.  I'm struggling to find some second hand ones (though manly been looking on gumtree) - so may just have to buy new.  Anybody any recommendations on where to get them?  We got a quote from Norscaff which were £8.50 per plank + VAT.

Also, would anyone have an idea how much people would pay for second hand planks? as we will hopefully sell them on afterwards. (though I’m guessing the price varies depending on the time of the year – supply and demand sort of thing).

thanks

DeeJunFan – tried D-Scaff (cheers for the suggestion) – nothing available till after Halloween though (like most of the companies i'v been ringing).

It won't help but might be a comparison. I paid £350 for 50 good used Kwikstage planks (so 8ft long and 2" thick so they can span the whole 8ft without intermediate support) that's £7 per plank, so your £8.50 new sounds good.

Transport is the killer, I collected them myself 25 at a time on my own trailer, they were only 5 miles away.

21 minutes ago, ProDave said:

It won't help but might be a comparison. I paid £350 for 50 good used Kwikstage planks (so 8ft long and 2" thick so they can span the whole 8ft without intermediate support) that's £7 per plank, so your £8.50 new sounds good.

Transport is the killer, I collected them myself 25 at a time on my own trailer, they were only 5 miles away.

cheers, our price dosnt include delivery.

though we could arrange to collect ourselves (so many at a time though that would depend on what price they charge for deivery)

Phone any of the scaffold companies and see if they have any old ones for sale. They will still be in good nick. I got 30 at £4 each of a scaffolder in lurgan. 

As for what you do with them when your done. Garden planter, retaining wall, gate have even seen a bed made out of them loads of uses for them. Or cut them up for a stove that's what I done with all my damaged ones.

• Like 1

Folks, quick query.

Digger man just off the phone he is coming before the end of the week (sooner than we thought) to start the entrance and laneway.  We are going to lay the water and BT ducting at the same time.

Can I just get 50mm grey ducting from the Builders merchant and lay it with a draw cord or does it have to be supplied by BT from their yard?

Phoned the new connections number and they would not commit to the sky being blue/grey but gave me the number for a local surveyor.  Had a chat with him and he was very pragmatic and said if it is ducted and drawstring, and was inside my boundaries they will use it as long as it is only comms cable or solely for BT use.  He also stated that it didnt have to be 50mm or grey as it was within my site. He was also happy for me to quote this and him at a later date.

Down the line I will have to get a survey done but he confirmed that I have a box in my boundary and there is a fibre in it so I will get my connection there.

18 hours ago, vfrdave said:

Phoned the new connections number and they would not commit to the sky being blue/grey but gave me the number for a local surveyor.  Had a chat with him and he was very pragmatic and said if it is ducted and drawstring, and was inside my boundaries they will use it as long as it is only comms cable or solely for BT use.  He also stated that it didnt have to be 50mm or grey as it was within my site. He was also happy for me to quote this and him at a later date.

Down the line I will have to get a survey done but he confirmed that I have a box in my boundary and there is a fibre in it so I will get my connection there.

The local guys are really good,  Our man gave us a few wink wink nudge nudges about how to install ours.

As our site is about 60m from the road he said if they were to get involved and do a full survey they would put a pole up half way down our driveway, which i didn't fancy.  He said i could just run the cable myself when the electricity was getting put in and if the connection guys turned up and the cable was at the pole across the road they would connect it no questions asked.  So thats the plan.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe not of help but i'm with BoI and below are my satge payments.

·         Foundations/subfloor (14%)

·         Wall plate  (18.5%)

·         Roofed/sealed  (33%)

·         1st fix (34.5%)

·         complete (the rest)

dont know how they worked out the percentages.