Getting rid of your static caravan? Any tips?

Facebook marketplace and Gumtree are probably your two best options. Obviously self-build sites are good places too.   You just need a bit of due diligence when folk contact you about how they are going to remove it. 

Have you tried any of the static caravan places? If it’s in reasonable condition they might be interested. 

• Like 1

I advertised mine on gumtree, and the buyer organised a proper transport firm to come and collect it.  All I had to do was get it off the stands and disconnect the services so it was ready to collect.

Make sure to state buyer arranges transport.

• Like 2

Or keep it if you have the room?  That is what we did this time around.  It is now in effect a massive garden building for far less money than you could ever buy any form of shed or other building that size for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

Or keep it if you have the room?  That is what we did this time around.  It is now in effect a massive garden building for far less money than you could ever buy any form of shed or other building that size for.

If I never see it again it’ll be a day too soon 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of offering a dozen thick paving slabs via facebook market place, insisting buyer collects - easy way of getting shot in urgent fashion. What I failed to clarify was 'buyer to load'...... I was not a happy bunny as the walrus of a women watched me load. Fool me for being too nice. 

• Haha 1

At some stage caravans become worth less than the transport.

They  re just a box on a chassis so can usually be cut into slabs so that you are not paying to dispose of air.

There is possibly some reusable plywood and polystyrene in there....but you probably don't need that now.

4 hours ago, saveasteading said:

At some stage caravans become worth less than the transport.

They  re just a box on a chassis so can usually be cut into slabs so that you are not paying to dispose of air.

There is possibly some reusable plywood and polystyrene in there....but you probably don't need that now.

The trick, (same with an old car) is to sell it BEFORE it reaches that point of effectively being worthless.

Hire a digger. Peel the caravan with the digger. Video your efforts - it works for Top Gear. Weigh in the scrap aluminium.  Burn the useless timber. 

This is my plan for the site caravan. Except that I have a digger already.

Edited by dnb
  • Like 1

On 31/08/2022 at 11:08, dnb said:

Hire a digger. Peel the caravan with the digger. Video your efforts - it works for Top Gear. Weigh in the scrap aluminium.  Burn the useless timber. 

This is my plan for the site caravan. Except that I have a digger already.

this is what I should have done 😂