Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

6 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Never noticed...it's all about the choonz! 

;)

"All I want to do is do it, big up, big up!"

Kevin & Perry soundtrack soon to be back on the iPhone to blast through the speakers. 18 til I die. ;) 

And of course....

I do need to decide on the first track I'll put through the Bluetooth speakers when the bathroom's done and I'm lying in the bath with a tall beer.

Strobe by Deadmau5 probably, 10 and a half minutes of relaxation. Long intro then it builds into a bangin' choon. I like listening to it on my own in a darkened room with a drink in hand.

• Like 1

I need to decide where to position these two 165mm dia Bluetooth speakers. Currently thinking either side of the downlights as shown. YES the ceiling joists though parallel to each other and set at 400mm ctrs are set askew to the squared off, studded walls!

spkrz_001

I also need to think about MVHR vents in the ceiling, how big and where, one or two? Originally I was going to fit a wall mounted single room Ventaxia but boy are they ugly. @jackmentioned another brand a short while ago I'm sure, German maybe? It looked neat and was wall mounted. If I fit in the ceiling then single room for now but expandable later is what I'm thinking ref the MVHR.

7 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

"All I want to do is do it, big up, big up!"

Kevin & Perry soundtrack soon to be back on the iPhone to blast through the speakers. 18 til I die. ;) 

Gotta be Luvstruck as my fave with Follow Me a close second!

Just now, PeterW said:

You can buy an MVHR core for about £150 that just needs fans adding. You could use that as the basis for a home built MVHR that you can expand over time. 

Point me at one when you get 5 please.

Nasty, rainy day so fiddling about!

25mm galv conduits in for the pocket lights. MORE vcl penetrations! :(

20180512_172453

They'll go into 50mm galv trunking across the joists which will keep them safe from Roland/Tufty:

O

Did these now as the galv trunking will have to go in THEN the new soil pipe run to the right:

O

The plug on the leads fits up nicely: Should make replacing them a breeze. (I've actually just ordered a second set of the blue lights I'm using):

O

One (132mm dia) Bluetooth speaker hole cut. The other one is above the bath so I'm leaving that until I'm a) sober & b) have protected the bath!

20180512_182520

I really must make some space to work INSIDE! :)

O

Edited by Onoff

Whoa!!!! Speakers are seriously bassy but in a good way.

20180512_214338

20180512_214453

The play list tonight included:

Michael Mind Project - Anti Heroes

Christina Novelli - Concrete Angel

Linkin Park - Feint

Flip & Full -Shooting Star

Nadia Ali - Rapture

Deadmau5 etc

Interesting how the foil on the PIR blocks the Bluetooth. You have to be in the bathroom with the phone.

On 11/05/2018 at 22:56, PeterW said:

You can buy an MVHR core for about £150 that just needs fans adding. You could use that as the basis for a home built MVHR that you can expand over time. 

This then I assume is no good to incorporate in a home brew MVHR?

20171130_094731.thumb.jpg.72194e458bb3b726f05f871de6e437fd.jpg.702e46ac86ab8a52e4fc5f69452f36a2.jpg

Edit: Way off I think. First time delving into Part F it says something on the lines of 29 l/s for a 5 bed house. This unit I think is 180 l/s !!!

Edited by Onoff

16 minutes ago, Onoff said:

X marks the obvious place for a telly / monitor...

2018-05-13_12-07-41

:ph34r:

Which would need to be one of the IPx ones that will set you back £7-900... And for what ..??

24 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Which would need to be one of the IPx ones that will set you back £7-900... And for what ..??

26 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Nah! About a grand for an industrial  /wash down one. Tbh if it ever happens I can mount it off the ceiling.

http://hopeindustrial.co.uk/um23_universal_mount_industrial_monitor.htm

How do you actually watch the tv though ?

You’ve got this rainforest shower head going up and down pouring over you ....

Or once done showering ; do you turn it off and just stand in the cubicle watching the tv ? ?

36 minutes ago, pocster said:

You can do it cheaper than that ....

Standard tv ; and some walk on glass in front of it ?????????

Would need to be a bloody small screen tho if it’s the walk on glass I’m thinking of! :D