A new entry in my blog

I nave added a new entry in my blog at the usual place http://www.willowburn.net detailing the airtighness membrane. Look for the recent entry called "Airtightness detail"

This has actually been sitting for several weeks now but lack of internet meant I could not post it sooner.

P.S can others confirm the blog is displaying properly. I find on my desktop, that is currently running Pale Moon browser, it serves up what looks to be the mobile version of the blog, and I can't find out why. My other computers display it properly.

• Like 2

Thanks all. There must be something strange about PaleMoon identifying itself as a mobile device, clearly I need to delve deeper into the settings.  Fine on this PC on either chromium or firefox

I was wondering if anyone would mention those diagonals.

That is me just over engineering things as usual.

This is a timber framed house with wood fibre cladding so no blockwork shell. So all the strength is in the timber frame.  The structrtal engineer specified two layers of OSB on the skin of the frame to give it sufficient racking strength, which I have done.

But I had a load of 6 by 1 left over that had been temporary bracing during the build, so I thought no harm in having a bit more bracing to the frame that will be hidden in the service void. 

5 hours ago, Dudda said:

Find any difference between the Protect BarriAir and Intello? Looking online the BarriAir is a good bit cheaper?

The Barriar does not have the reinforcing webbing that the Intello has, but it still seems pretty strong.

Another plus for the Barriair is that it has a built in double sided air tightness tape along the length of a roll, so that saves a lot of air tightness tape.

I only found out about the Barriar from another local self builder who is using it. I got it from Jewson's but it has to be ordered.