Lets play a game. How far did MBC get in one day

My experience was the whole ground floor, including all the internal stud walls, plus most of the flooring on the first floor and a few parts of the first floor walls.  I was getting in the way on-site, so I left at around 10:30, when they were still lifting stuff off the lorry with a 100ft jib crane.  I came back around 16:30 and all the ground floor external and internal walls were up.

Edited by JSHarris
  • Like 6

MBC just finished for the day. I'm off to the pub after such a stressful day watching. Will announce the winner after 3 or 4 pints of West Berks best 

Edited by dogman

I could not remember his name for love nor money. :ph34r:

They never missed a beat, on site for 6-6:30 every day without fail, a true testament to honour, decency and integrity.........................................................................and then I took them on the piss for a night out in Oxford. Pint then jäegerbomb, then pint then jäegerbomb and so on until around 3am ^_^

Darren couldn't eat his full cooked brekky ( at just gone 10am ) and Brendan wasn't far behind him. :D  Mine went down the hatch, chuffing lightweights. B|

Nothing like a Welshman to destroy your unblemished record eh ? :P If anyone sees them just ask about the glow stick ;)   

All around just thoroughly dependable guys.  Everything was always "no bother".  Some of them still drop in now and again to say hello (they've done a couple of other houses nearby since doing ours).  

Remind me never to go drinking with you.  The older I get, the sooner my "nope, that's enough" switch kicks in (and it isn't calibrated for shots).  Multi-day hangovers have ruined drinking for me.  

OK ground floor,  first floor joist cassette,  and two first floor panels. 

They started early  as scaffold was not due to be erected  till Monday and found it was so much easier they got on better  than they thought and will be finished with the crane tomorrow. 

If we had been able to drop the existing building and go for a full new build then they were my supplier of choice for this very reason - to be able to take a piece of ground from oversite to watertight in 2-3 weeks in the UK in February and March is just exceptional. 

Looks like quality and attention to detail is there, as is continual improvement of the product if things like the stud marking on the membrane is anything to go by. 

Our build started in October, with the base and foundation going down from Monday to Thursday in the first week.  The slab was allowed to cure for a few days, and the following Tuesday the house arrived on a truck, at around 08:30.  By mid-afternoon of that Tuesday the house looked like this:

5742ad6f07f95_3pmday1.thumb.JPG.bbfa461d7175114c3dfb030351c6f80a.JPG

By midday on Saturday the house was weatherproof, with the roof membrane and tile battens fitted.  From starting the foundations to getting to a weatherproof shell took 12 days, with four days where no work took place whilst the slab was curing.

17 hours ago, Tennentslager said:

Finished everything, hand printed the house warming invitations, went shopping and left crispy duck in the oven and cold beer in the fridge.?

This thread is becoming worthy of a Pythonesque Four Yorkshire Men style sketch...