Five £1m houses to be demolished

Temp

Think this may have come up before but can't find old thread.. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/planning-bosses-order-mansions-demolished-dispute-100526374.html

"Owners had appealed against an order to demolish the houses but their claims were rejected and a planning inspector has now given them 12 months to demolish the structures and return the site to its previous state."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joe90 said:

Whilst I have had problems with planners myself you still can’t break the rules, so yes, they should be demolished as an example. Muppets!

You can bend them a bit . My tape measure frequently stretches . But as others have said don’t take the wee wee 

Edited by pocster

11 hours ago, Temp said:

They certainly look very out of place.  Problem is the developer managed to sell the houses.

But as they are not complete presumably they are still owned by the developer? If they’ve exchanged contacts but not completed the new owners could sue the developer too. 

I assume the developer ltd co will go skint but I wonder where the house owners will stand?  I would think the directors may face some personal liability.  Did the architect have any say?  Very odd that this was such a mammoth blunder.  The conveyancing solicitor will normally want to see that all planning conditions and building regulations have been complied with before completion of the purchase.