Conor

Screwfix trade account

Recommended Posts

Firstly, I didn't know these existed! When picking up a large order of plumbing bits yesterday, the guy asked what I was doing and I said building a house. He said I should have a trade account... Just got a call to say it's all setup and I'd soon be getting a credit note on my account as they're applying the trade discount to my four precious orders. Happy days!

 

So, think it's worth mentioning trade account to your local Screwfix as there no requirements to show you're an actual business. Think it comes with 10% discount on all prices.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Conor said:

... trade account to your local Screwfix as there no requirements to show you're an actual business. Think it comes with 10% discount on all prices.

 

Now they tell us: just when my SF order is but a few quid a month.....   Can't take a joke?  Don't self build Ian......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Conor said:

So, think it's worth mentioning trade account to your local Screwfix as there no requirements to show you're an actual business. Think it comes with 10% discount on all prices.

 

This would have been very useful info 5 years ago! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same happened to me. I was in collecting 7 wastes and traps and they asked if I was a plumber. Told them no, but I was building a house and that was good enough. Quite enjoy going through the special door whilst there's a big queue of people at the main counter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think things have changed. I was offered one, I believe in the last 3 years, and all they gave was about 50 days free credit which I didn't need so I declined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The discount isn’t related to the credit account it is related to you having a X-fix account (Plumb - Electri- ) and the discounting is at product level. I have a P-Fix account and get 10-12% off a lot of stuff but not everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the devil is still in the detail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had one throughout my build . Very handy for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one, got it by showing my Part P certificate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Conor said:

So, think it's worth mentioning trade account to your local Screwfix as there no requirements to show you're an actual business. Think it comes with 10% discount on all prices.

 

I've got a Plumbfix account and can't say it has really benefited me that much at all. I tend to get better prices elsewhere, like even Toolstation, and the 10% discount I've found is only on a small number of products I've needed. They've offered to provide a quote service for larger orders but haven't tried that yet.

 

One thing I found a couple of times was that when buying in person I got a better price than ordering online for click and collect, but maybe that's just my imagination or wishful thinking..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a plumbfix account, mostly use click and collect. (No queuing with the public who usually don’t know what they want and spend ages discussing it at the counter) Yes toolstation can be a bit cheaper but was miles away, then again toolstation deliver free if you spend over £10 (Screwfix over £50).   Stop press......new toolstation just opened NEXT DOOR TO SCREWFIX 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I have a plumbfix account, mostly use click and collect. (No queuing with the public who usually don’t know what they want and spend ages discussing it at the counter) Yes toolstation can be a bit cheaper but was miles away, then again toolstation deliver free if you spend over £10 (Screwfix over £50).   Stop press......new toolstation just opened NEXT DOOR TO SCREWFIX 🤣

 

Exactly what Toolstation did near every Screwfix near me lol  No longer £10 for free delivery, they upped it to £25 ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep same here - TS either opposite S’Fix or within 1/4 mile in 3 local areas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now