Graf waste water treatment plant, any thoughts?

FWIW, our pump is still sat inside the foam-lined box that's set into the top of our tank.  I've been out working in the garden for the past couple of days and in still moments I can still just hear the pump, pretty much anywhere that end of the garden.  It's not loud or annoying, but you are aware of it.  It's a bit worse at the moment as the water level in the stream is pretty low, so there's not as much noise from that to mask the hum out.  I'm hoping that the small stone box we've built, with it's very thick concrete base (nearly 2 feet on one side, because I had to build up the bank!) will reduce the hum a bit, although the main reason for relocating the pump is just to make it easier to get at to service.

19 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

FWIW, our pump is still sat inside the foam-lined box that's set into the top of our tank.  I've been out working in the garden for the past couple of days and in still moments I can still just hear the pump, pretty much anywhere that end of the garden.  It's not loud or annoying, but you are aware of it.  It's a bit worse at the moment as the water level in the stream is pretty low, so there's not as much noise from that to mask the hum out.  I'm hoping that the small stone box we've built, with it's very thick concrete base (nearly 2 feet on one side, because I had to build up the bank!) will reduce the hum a bit, although the main reason for relocating the pump is just to make it easier to get at to service.

@JSHarris I've got the same Bio-Pure 1 as you Jeremy. My pump is the Secoh JDK-S-60 and it's located in a separate blockwork cabinet outside and well away from the house. It's very quiet to the point that I can't hear it going at all unless I open the door of the cabinet. Much louder than the pump itself is the sound of bubbling water from the Bio-pure unit although you have to be within about 5 metres of the lid to really notice it.

Ian

Edited by Ian

43 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

The Graff tank going in today. 

Although the instructions supplied with the pump are limited you have to set the date and time on the unit and it definitely makes references to "cycle rest pauses". 

My understanding is that it runs the pump for 30 minutes on, 15 minutes off, from what I've been able to glean from various sources.  This seems to be about right, as the 15 minute rest pauses are enough to save a bit of pump power and wear and tear, yet not not long enough to allow sludge to settle out and compact around the air injection holes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not UK legal, and should never be sold here on a new appliance.  It should have been supplied with a fitted UK fused plug.  You can cut the lead off and fit a 13A plug, fitted with the appropriate fuse, but the onus is on the supplier to have done this.

Edited by JSHarris

• 1 month later...

We are currently choosing our treatment plant and are keen on the Graf Klaro.

Thanks to this thread I know what questions to ask.

Graf have referred us to a local supplier who have recommended the treatment plant be hard wired into a socket.

We will be locating the control unit and pump in the garage.

They have also suggested we concrete the treatment plant in rather than use shingle due to the high water table.

Has anyone got any thoughts on these recommendations?

Are there any other questions I should be asking?

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Good morning 

I’m building a house in Scottish Highland, near Plockton, and the contractor is recommending Graft One2clean Clean system instead of Biodisc. Any views on this before I take the final decision.

Thanks

sunil

Bio disc has moving parts in the dark smelly stuff and can be a nightmare to fix, I would not have one, stick with a blower model like mentioned above, plenty to choose from. (Like we said on your other thread!!!!!)

Edited by joe90

• 2 months later...

I'm just reigniting this thread again as I am at this stage nearly. 

I liked the look of the graf unit - but the separate pump units and controller perplexes me, surely it's more of a hassle having a pump and controller that's not part of the tank? I don't see the value here.

@ProDave How is the condor unit? seems to be a good price at £2k for  a pumped version, and the air and water pump seems to be inside the tank? is that right. You just install and then run power to it?  seems very similar to the Biopure unit but £1k cheaper. Biopure has the air pump directly inside tank lid. 

There is also the WPL diamond for a similar price too and same design as far as I can see.