Buy in haste, repent at leisure : ElectriQ dishwasher

ToughButterCup

Ooooooooh ah could crush a grape at the minnit. If there are any Electriq employees reading this, look away now. God I'm cross.

Ever had a dishwasher whose door slams shut on your hand? Ever had a dishwasher that has a door tensioner spring that doesn't do anything? Yes, I know that the door facing needs to be fitted to the dishwasher door to balance: but the balance spring adjuster does absolutely nothing. Fully released, the tension is exasctly the same as the factory pre-tensioned setting.

The damn door is close to a ballista in performance. And I only have eight fingers left as it is .FFS.

ballistajpg.thumb.jpg.8aaaa98c7877568e8366e8d774806788.jpg

Ever had a dishwasher where the after sales service is close to insultingly bad? Ever had a dishwasher manufacturer who can't, won't or just doesn't provide a door-facing  kit (to fasten the facing to the appliance front) ? The guy on the phone told me to go a visit a hardware store.

Well the Electriq 14 place dishwasher ticks all the boxes. £400 badly spent. 

Is there such a thing as a generic door-facing attachment kit  - dunno what the proper name is  - a kit that attaches the kitchen door panel to the front of the dishwasher door thinggy ....

I have never heard of the firm.  Integrated ones do close a bit more firmly without the furniture door but should still be fine.  Yours sounds like Arkwright's till!

I have never seen an integrated dishwasher without the door fitting kit and a template.

Out of interest, what made you choose that brand?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Mis-spent yoof.

21 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I perhaps should not mention that my Lamona dishwasher was £0 from Howdens, and included the door fixing kit.

@SteamyTea will also be along soon for another dose  of good 'ol Schadenfreude.

Some integrated dishwashers don’t have a kit, but should have instructions, which 4 or 6 screws you remove holding the door inner panel and replace them with longer (supplied) screws that go through the door and into your front panel, some can be a pain to line up tho. (Not heard of that make tho!).

Edited by joe90

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

I have never heard of the firm.  Integrated ones do close a bit more firmly without the furniture door but should still be fine.  Yours sounds like Arkwright's till!

I have never seen an integrated dishwasher without the door fitting kit and a template.

I have only seen them at Appliances Direct (whose distribution hub is around the corner), but I think they are elsewhere. When I have had them (eg current extractor hood, previously gas hobs for rentals) they have been OK - but longest service is 3 years so far.

Background here: https://gcmagazine.co.uk/new-appliance-brand-aims-to-be-the-aldi-of-the-electrical-world/https://gcmagazine.co.uk/new-appliance-brand-aims-to-be-the-aldi-of-the-electrical-world/

Sorry to  hear that, Ian.

1 hour ago, ToughButterCup said:

Yes, I know that the door facing needs to be fitted to the dishwasher door to balance: but the balance spring adjuster does absolutely nothing. Fully released, the tension is exasctly the same as the factory pre-tensioned setting.

The damn door is close to a ballista in performance. And I only have eight fingers left as it is .FFS.

Mine did that before the door was fitted (not an ElectriQ however). It’s perfectly ok now though. I put in the new dishwasher but I didn’t want to screw the integral door up so waited for the joiner to come and sort. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

At the risk of attractive some flak, I would genuinely like to understand what makes people buy appliances that dont come from credible manufacturers with some service and support backup.

Nothing is cheap without a reason. That reason may be lack of service. Lack of branding/marketing costs. Lack of quality or whatever it may be. Why would you in good conscience want to leave an electrical appliance running, unattended when you have no provenance to give you some piece of mind.

Havent those terrible tumble dryer fires (and they all relate to a couple of budget brands) taught people nothing?

Buy cheap buy twice.

I am no advocate of any brand in particular but if it doesnt have a credible manufacturers badge on it, I am not touching it. My peace of mind and the value I attribute to my life is worth more than a couple of hundred quid saved.