ProDave

Sarah Beeny's new house in the country

Recommended Posts

Like Grand designs, in sloooooooooooow motion.

 

That's the whole first episode, they have started to dig a pond, they have drawn a few plans, and only just applied for planning permission.

 

Gosh this is going to be tedious?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't bother to watch. Used to like property ladder years ago, but her big old mansion doing up was so dull. I have no doubt, this will be the same. I'm surprised that they give her anything on the telly now. She just feels so out of date.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I’ve just watched the next episode and I do wonder how many series have been commissioned because I can’t see any house appearing anytime soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes second episode and they still don't actually have their planning permission.

 

However it did raise an interesting planning conundrum (not that the program discussed this, this is just my opinion)

 

They bought the site with planning, and the foundations in place, so the development has started and is not therefore time limited.

 

They don't want to build the house where the existing planning is, but instead want to build it in a different field.  Sounds simple?

 

But since planning has been granted and already started, they cannot simply ammend the planning to change it's location?  Surely they would now have to grant the planning in the other field in addition to the first?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ProDave said:

Yes second episode and they still don't actually have their planning permission.

 

However it did raise an interesting planning conundrum (not that the program discussed this, this is just my opinion)

 

They bought the site with planning, and the foundations in place, so the development has started and is not therefore time limited.

 

They don't want to build the house where the existing planning is, but instead want to build it in a different field.  Sounds simple?

 

But since planning has been granted and already started, they cannot simply ammend the planning to change it's location?  Surely they would now have to grant the planning in the other field in addition to the first?

Silly Sarah , use to be the hot Beeny babe . Now she has more grout stuffed in her face than my bathroom 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pocster said:

Now she has more grout stuffed in her face than my bathroom 

You have a flair with words🤣

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She portrays herself as a "property professional" yet seems to have an astonishingly poor knowledge of building techniques and the planning system.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you start to dig a large pond without planning permission?

 

"Engineering operation"

 

When they were doing the large house I enjoyed that, though I admit I was waiting for the Only Fools and Horses Chandelier trick.

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My groundworker is currently being filmed for a show with Beeny. Not sure if it's this one or another upcoming show she's doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joe90 said:


in your dreams mate.

It’s true . I met “ the bean “ as I use to call her at a Kylie concert . Split up with Kylie because of her .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh right, was that after Nigella or before 🤥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, pocster said:

It’s true . I met “ the bean “ as I use to call her at a Kylie concert . Split up with Kylie because of her .

 

Jay Cartwright or what!

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if I’d make up just stuff . Certainly seems very real in my head ...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, pocster said:

As if I’d make up just stuff . Certainly seems very real in my head ...

Pocster. The things that must go on in your head. 😂 We could make the contents into a film. But who would play the part of your inner thoughts ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Pocster. The things that must go on in your head. 😂 We could make the contents into a film. But who would play the part of your inner thoughts ?

Now that is a taxing question. Who would 'play' my inner thoughts??????........ 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pocster said:

Now that is a taxing question. Who would 'play' my inner thoughts??????........ 🙂

 

Donatien Alphonse François perhaps? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, pocster said:

Now that is a taxing question. Who would 'play' my inner thoughts??????........ 🙂

Pocster. "What goes on in that pretty little head of yours. What goes on in that place in the dark ?"    Now thats a quote from a song, and i believe they could have nailed it. I'll give a tenner to the dogs trust if you can name the song, the Artist, and who it was written by. Jimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Pocster. "What goes on in that pretty little head of yours. What goes on in that place in the dark ?"    Now thats a quote from a song, and i believe they could have nailed it. I'll give a tenner to the dogs trust if you can name the song, the Artist, and who it was written by. Jimbo

One by Harry styles ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pocster said:

One by Harry styles ?

Much older. Remember my age fella. we are talking 80's the best music era.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Pocster. "What goes on in that pretty little head of yours. What goes on in that place in the dark ?"    Now thats a quote from a song, and i believe they could have nailed it. I'll give a tenner to the dogs trust if you can name the song, the Artist, and who it was written by. Jimbo

Veronica elvis Costello . Didn’t use google honest ! You owe me a tenner as I am just about to open a dogs home .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are a liar on both counts......And you failed to tell me that it was written by Costello, and McCartney

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Pocster. "What goes on in that pretty little head of yours. What goes on in that place in the dark ?"    Now thats a quote from a song, and i believe they could have nailed it. I'll give a tenner to the dogs trust if you can name the song, the Artist, and who it was written by. Jimbo

 

Peter Sarstedt was my first thought...more the "when you're alone in your bed" line...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please keep the thread on topic. This is not mumsnet.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Please keep the thread on topic. This is not mumsnet.

You can tell it’s nearly the weekend - people getting frisky 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now