Site investigation report - central Scotland

Bigdeadbadger

We were never asked for anything like that (surprising given the history of our site)

Percolation tests for drainage are something you can do yourself, so that just reduces any professional work to contamination issues.

What was there before that makes the planners think there might be contamination?

50 minutes ago, Bigdeadbadger said:

Contamination of soil / gases , basically drilling a 5m borehole, taking a sample, and doing a drainage test. 

Thanks 

Pretty much what we where required to do We are on clay so the engineer said there would be no point and near three lines of trees

The Counsul accepted this 

Contaminated land had been done eight years previous LA wanted another 

I think the company was Echo solutions They did it as a desk top study and while they didn’t say they had done a walk through 
They didn’t say they hadn’t 

LA accepted without question 

1 hour ago, nod said:

Pretty much what we where required to do We are on clay so the engineer said there would be no point and near three lines of trees

The Counsul accepted this 

Contaminated land had been done eight years previous LA wanted another 

I think the company was Echo solutions They did it as a desk top study and while they didn’t say they had done a walk through 
They didn’t say they hadn’t 

LA accepted without question 

Memory is going 

Geosmart 

3 hours ago, Bigdeadbadger said:

Thanks folks for the suggestions.  Re contamination, no idea, it’s farmland that’s been fallow for 30yrs.

I had to do this as part of my conditions on farm land as well. Most quotes were around 4 to 6k which is insanely expensive for what they actually do. I found a chap in the who did the whole thing for £750 . He had a nice day out jolly where I paid for his petrol and he came with his wife , spent about 8 mins digging 3 small holes on the land then went down to the seafront and had a nice day out. I then got a nice preformated report needed for the LPA

1 hour ago, Redoctober said:

Plus 1 on this.

This old boy is retired  (I checked 3 weeks ago). Website still going but he has finished up. 

@Bigdeadbadger I fear you may have mixed up the acronyms possibly and SI being soil investigation when possibly compared to site investigation if it was contaminated or brownfield (which would be more onerous) A simple SI is just to check the load bearing capacity of the soil and do percolation tests if required (soakaway for rural sites) 4-500 quid will see it done. I'm having mine done on Tuesday for 400 for the SE and report and 100 quid for the boy with the JCB to pop by for 2 hours. I'm just south of Glasgow let me know if you need the SE's number. 

• Thanks 1

On 05/09/2020 at 10:55, Bigdeadbadger said:

Morning All,

As a condition of planning approval, I need to perform a site investigation survey.

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations on companies to contact. 

I have had one quote so far @£5k and nearly fell off my chair.

Thanks,

Andrew

You need to work out what they require.

For ground investigations, there is Phase I and Phase II.

I is desk based and scoping, on the basis of which you may have to do II which is drilling test holes and maybe testing for methane etc.

I will be hundreds. II will be thousands.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand