Glass gable ends. Looking for examples..

There are 2 phase  of cladding, the first phase was completed at beginning of the summer (gable and right of gable) and second phase (left of gable) about two weeks ago.

Will be using Osmo UV protection, so hopefully 6 to 10 year between recoats

9 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

thanks. how long has that been up there? how often do you need to treat with UV protection to keep the colour?

4 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

Will be using Osmo UV protection, so hopefully 6 to 10 year between recoats

I've used the same on my Sapele vertical board-on-board cladding. Really went over the top on the Osmo application. 2 coats before it went on the building, 2 coats once it was up, 2 more coats after 12 months, and again on the third year.

Unfortunately, after just under 5 years the Sapele has really bleached on the South-West and South-East facades. Not silvered, but lightened.

• Sad 1

I have used Sadolin onto 'normal' , tanalised t & g on several jobs. Oak colour is almost invisible as it goes on but has a nice sheen, and that colour then remains for many years (10 and counting) instead of going faded grey. The other colour here is very dark and it fades in the sun in 10 years but can be recoated, but lasts well in shade.

Either coat the timber before fixing or leave it up for a month to shrink and twist, or you will see 'tan-lines'.

This photo was after 6 months, but other jobs prove the figures above.

370939253_claremontwood.png.ad00d8787f5902f3ccd3fbc0dd0e1540.png

• 1 month later...
On 06/09/2020 at 09:59, simon45089 said:

Here is mine. Height is 4 .5 meters to ridge. Bi folds at the bottom. I didnt want a chunky steel splitting the top and bottom section horizontally and it would have  made the portal frame design redundant. The horizontal piece of steel used was as thin as possible and had a vertical piece of steel added in the centre to tie to the steel at the top and prevent sagging. This was clad in black aluminium by the window manufacturer to disguise it.

Glazing was from a place in Middlesborough, and was 10 k less then my next quote. Happy to share details if required.

Gable.JPG

@simon45089 would you mind giving an approx price range for your steel and then also for your gable glazing ?