USB Enabled Sockets

Onoff

8 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

@Barney12I have had middle age firmly thrust upon me recently.  The NHS has asked me to go for a bowel screening.  Will I look like that cat?

Not sure of other parts of the UK, but up here on your 50th birthday you receive your first Bowel Cancer screening kit in the post. I won't dwell on the details but you have to provide some samples. they give you a stick and instructions.......

Then you get one every 2 years after that.

The Ford Probe was NOT a particular success in the UK.

The rumour in car circles, though downplayed by Ford is that it was down to the name as in essence the car was a platform shared with Mazda and should have done well. It seems that in the US the name Probe conjures up images of NASA and space exploration. Over here it's something a doctor shoves up your ars.....

5 hours ago, Onoff said:

The Ford Probe was NOT a particular success in the UK.

The rumour in car circles, though downplayed by Ford is that it was down to the name as in essence the car was a platform shared with Mazda and should have done well. It seems that in the US the name Probe conjures up images of NASA and space exploration. Over here it's something a doctor shoves up your ars.....

How did my USB recommendation turn into THIS ??? !!!

However in this case just buy the Mazda.

• Like 1

A simple bit of JavaScript will do, hence

NewVeer=MyVeer function() {

if Thread=== 'x' [BangOn WHat-Its-Meant-To-Be];

Break; (have a KitKat)

if Thread === 'y' [All-Over-The-Place];

TellAMod (NickFromWales);

Lotsofwelshwords-eistedfod (adinfinitum)

var (Warning);

issue Warning (LandOfMyFathers1); 

}

RinseRepeat

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

Break; (have a KitKat)

var (Warning);

}

RinseRepeat

carrot.png

2 hours ago, recoveringacademic said:

Break; (have a KitKat)

var (Warning);

}

RinseRepeat

You lost me at KitKat....

.........Mmmmmm KitKat

4 Finger only though please, none of this chunky crap. I am purist. 

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Well it happened, nothing to worry about apparently.

A bit of advice, don't try 5 hours of physical work after, it aches a bit :o

It must vary from region to region, as here we have the system Dave describes, a kit in the post that you use to take three samples over three days and then post back.  I've been getting one of these every two years for a time now, and haven't had to endure the more intrusive investigation (although have had that done once, years ago, and can still remember the effects..............)

10 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

Dave describes, a kit in the post that you use to take three samples over three days and then post back

That happens once I am over 60.  This was the full monty, large black snake, nothing like the endoscope I got for a few quid of eBay.

They can 'hook' the end as well, and they do at the very end (physically and procedurally).

All joking aside we just lost a relative to bowel cancer before Xmas. Then last month my two best mates  (twins) went for their screening. One had a 6mm polyp removed and has the all clear from the biopsy. He was allowed to watch it being done on screen. The others was 26mm and at the "next stage". Removed and waiting for the results.

I've had the all clear 7 times now but keep going back for a "second opinion"......and back to the jokes! :)

On the positive side I know a lad who had "a foot" of bowel removed, had a bag for a while then everything reconnected and is as good as new and I think 6 years clear now. He's also suffered lung and a muscle tumour. The oddity is he's lucky, his cancers being localised and solid. Believed to be caused by chemicals used in photographic processing years back. He was a professional photographer.

Well, as we appear to be playing " top trumps" I have had a total colonectomy ( all my large bowel removed) some 20 years ago, had a bag for 3months to enable healing and apart from adhesions in my gut ( scar tissue) no problems since although I do have to careful what I eat. I found out only during the last year that I am intolerant to a long list of foods ( mostly what I like e.g. Dairy, grains, yeasts) and leaving out these foods makes me feel better. I won't go on about my other health problems as I am too busy planning my build.

p.s. As stress has been a major factor in my health issues some people believe that doing a self build is the wrong thing to do, however the nutritionalist that found out about my intolerances believes that the enjoyment gained through my achievement will aid my health as long as I can manage any stress related to the build. I have a wonderful builder, I will not require a mortgage or bank loan, i have been involved in the building trade to know that things do go wrong and the trick is to shrug your shoulders and say " shit happens" and get over it.

• Like 1