It’s awesome !

Pocster

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

I had 8 RK Doors fitted in a development.  £3,600 each including fitting. 

were these the ones you had problems with when the stainless steel rusted ? I may be remembering wrong ..... probably wrong as  for £3600 a pop you want no problems! 

1 hour ago, pocster said:

It’s the house’s “face” . You make a judgement about the people inside based on the front door . Boy ! visitors to my front door are in for a surprise when they meet me ????

Yep, I pulled that trick on Teresa May last year :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cpd said:

were these the ones you had problems with when the stainless steel rusted ? I may be remembering wrong ..... probably wrong as  for £3600 a pop you want no problems! 

Yes they were.  Not terrible amounts of rust but enough to be noticeable and only on the handles.  Letterplates, glass surrounds and escutcheons were fine.  We have loads of exterior stainless steel elsewhere on the project and none of that has been a problem.  RK blamed lack of maintenance on the part of the owners an cited the presence of cobwebs as evidence.  Their MD did them no favours with customer service.  Here is a close up of a handle which I removed to clean up:

image.png.a2ed2ca6024b830da28111a74ce6beba.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pocster said:

When the doors closed I have zero 4g or 3G ?

Yabadabadooooooo ..... Hoist by own hand ...

Noooooooooooooooooooo !!

wifi calling enabled 

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

@pocster i hope that door system isn't a stand alone unit, and the security isn't as flimsy as below!

No, it's PAS24 standard ( from memory ) which is an insurance recognised level of security.

Also the reader is separate to the relay ( that is embedded in the actual door frame ). So you can't just stick a magnet on the door anywhere and it would open.