Discount Offers of the Week

65 liter garden wheelbarrow at £10 each. Need to check if the delivery charge underm8nes the offer.

They seem alright especially at that price. APL online based in WAlsall.

I had 4 last week Tyres are pneumatic.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

4 hours ago, PeterW said:

Titan Recip saw in Screwfix now down to less than £30 - well made and even if you do break it they replace without question

https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb533rsp-750w-reciprocating-saw-240v

I don’t need one but I’ve bought it. 

Not sure I’m convinced in the Titan stuff. My SDS is no longer much cop as a drill - it’s really wonky now. 

Edited by daiking

6 hours ago, daiking said:

I don’t need one but I’ve bought it.

This sentence applies to 90% of my purchases I think including the handbag I bought today :ph34r:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Onoff said:

And the euphemisms just keep on coming!

How do you make a euphemism come?

when I said I couldn’t help myself, I meant I have reserved it for collection.

Important stats: 

drill 22Nm

driver 80Nm

I shall report back. I can always give them to the kids to play with.

Edited by daiking

10 hours ago, daiking said:

Nearly identical to the Wickes one I have - and the battery is interchangeable with the Makita that is 4 times the price ..! In fact if you look closely at it, it’s nearly a clone of the Makita....  

14 hours ago, daiking said:

Moving back to captain sensible land - are these likely to be decent tools for me to use? I find the 18V ones here a bit heavy but can't work out how much lighter these will be. There is a total product weight that I assume includes the charger etc? Any views on whether it will be worth buying these or whether I should soldier on with the larger ones I already have? I imagine I will use them infrequently TBH as I'm unlikely to turn into a DIY buff anytime soon. 

The Wickes one I have is the weapon of choice for quick tasks where power isn't needed as much. It's plenty powerful enough for sticking plugs and screws into walls and is light enough to put into a pocket 

Best advice  is find your local Wickes and go pick them up. Also don't be afraid to ask Screwfix to let you open the boxes - ironically that's how I found out my saw was missing a part before I bought it...

• Thanks 1

On 08/06/2018 at 12:44, newhome said:

Moving back to captain sensible land - are these likely to be decent tools for me to use? I find the 18V ones here a bit heavy but can't work out how much lighter these will be. There is a total product weight that I assume includes the charger etc? Any views on whether it will be worth buying these or whether I should soldier on with the larger ones I already have? I imagine I will use them infrequently TBH as I'm unlikely to turn into a DIY buff anytime soon. 

Old 18v drill/driver is 2.3kg, new 10.8v is 1.2kg. It is overall smaller but the bit you hold is actually about the same size so still needs reasonably sized hands.

47DE5202-7CBD-4C75-BDB5-620AA86831FC.jpeg

C73295E2-445B-4AA0-944B-07D9B4BBC229.jpeg

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, daiking said:

Old 18v drill/driver is 2.3kg, new 10.8v is 1.2kg. It is overall smaller but the bit you hold is actually about the same size so still needs reasonably sized hands.

Thanks! The weight is the thing that I struggle with mostly I think as I can hold the main bit in my left hand but have to support the weight of it and keep it steady with my right hand under the chuck that means that I don’t have a hand free for anything else. I think I might order these and see. I can always return them when I next go near a Screwfix if they don’t suit. 

1 hour ago, newhome said:

The weight is the thing that I struggle with mostly I think as I can hold the main bit in my left hand but have to support the weight of it and keep it steady with my right hand

0.jpeg.7f018332ddaabb69d1490b4ed2880b62.jpeg

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, newhome said:

I think I might order these and see. I can always return them when I next go near a Screwfix if they don’t suit. 

Snooze ya lose. Out of stock for delivery now and none in my 'local' SF (well 35 miles away) to collect. Not to worry I'm sure the baby drills aren't that sought after so will wait for some others to come up. 

ordered three of those pumps for later use. Arrived yesterday... they're TINY! So used to the size and weight of old-style AC pumps, when the package arrived I wondered whether they'd only sent one, it was so light.

Out of curiosity how does the willo compare to grundfos, for some reason (unkown) it was 99% grundfos we fitted. We used to find eBay the cheapest for grundfos pumps, as long as boxes where still sealed.