Smoke alarms

Pocster

Got to have mains powered interlinked battery back up ones installed .

Problem I find is they all look rather like a “ smoke alarm “ - kind of destroys the clean contemporary look .

Cant seem to find any slimline ones or even better recessed ones .

Anyone else had any luck ?

12 minutes ago, joth said:

It's not entirely conclusive (and not actually sure it's the thread I remembered), but...

You would of thought some manufacturer would of seen the niche in the market by now . Currently staying at centre Parcs - look at this bloody ‘knob’ ceiling protrusion!! 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

There's probably good reason smoke and CO2 alarms "protrude", to do I imagine with air/smoke flow. Having them "flush" could cost you seconds when it counts. 

I don’t mind a slight protrusion- as also assume they have to ; but some are well chunky !

There are smaller discrete alarms but are retrofit only as they are not hard wired. Ask your BCO if they will accept them.  They also come with a recess fitting that makes them even smaller. 

Search Cavius or Lumi-PlugIn

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

There are smaller discrete alarms but are retrofit only as they are not hard wired. Ask your BCO if they will accept them.  They also come with a recess fitting that makes them even smaller. 

Search Cavius or Lumi-PlugIn

The lumi stuff looks good . Incorporating a light and fire sensor in one is neat ! . Just need to check they are dimmable ...

• 2 years later...

I also concluded that the lumi are probably the best compromise. Nice that they are not only dimmable, but also come in an option of 3000K or 4000K. Shame the beam angle on the bulb has no options, but one can't have it all.

@pocster did you go for lumi in the end and are you happy with it?

9 hours ago, Adsibob said:

I also concluded that the lumi are probably the best compromise. Nice that they are not only dimmable, but also come in an option of 3000K or 4000K. Shame the beam angle on the bulb has no options, but one can't have it all.

@pocster did you go for lumi in the end and are you happy with it?

? ummmmm , still not done anything with this yet - on my to do list … 

1 hour ago, pocster said:

? ummmmm , still not done anything with this yet - on my to do list … 

How did building control let you move in without fire alarms? Or maybe my builder is telling me porkies. He says his insurance would be invalidated if he let me move in without a building control certificate.

• Like 1