Dewalt radio

Pocster

Site radio died ?

Lump hammer falling on it probably didn’t help .

Got this dewalt !

Superb sound !

Also can charge all dewalt batteries and mobile phones .

The app you can use to control it is bugged very badly . Crashes all time and I’ve yet been able to get the radio firmware updated without a crash .

If you have dewalt batteries and need a radio - sell your chargers and buy this !

50B9B45B-AB2E-4E29-97C2-2386A1607C43.jpeg

Happy Hour again !

The app which you can use to control it seems flakey. The UI on the device seems fine.

As i was trying to point out if you have say 3 chargers and decide to buy a radio this might be a good bet. Could sell the chargers on ebay and buy this (thus reducing it's actual cost) - so you would have a dab/fm/streaming radio and a charger. The sound is as good as any Bose I've heard.

So it should be compared with that not a 30quid radio from Argos.

8 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Why not just get an app for your phone, some bluetooth earbuds and stop annoying everyone else with local radio.

Because with head phones I can’t hear delivery drivers and arrogant neighbors!

Plus i’ve Already bought it . Also I don’t carry my phone around with me on site - it stays out of harms way . Bluetooth ear phones ( like Jabra elite - which are also really good ) are for gym and running .

Edited by pocster

Best thing I've ever bought was a set of Peltor ear defenders with a built-in FM radio.  Means I can listen to the radio without annoying anyone else. 

It also means that I can put them on to listen to the omnibus edition of The Archers on Sunday morning without being disturbed...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, pocster said:

Also I don’t carry my phone around with me on site

I always carry my phone around with me on site. It would be somewhat disappointing to be lying on the floor with broken bones and not be able to call for help. It's also why I have a cheap and relatively small phone: a) because I won't care too much if I break it and b) it's more likely to survive an accident which breaks me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ed Davies said:

I always carry my phone around with me on site. It would be somewhat disappointing to be lying on the floor with broken bones and not be able to call for help. It's also why I have a cheap and relatively small phone: a) because I won't care too much if I break it and b) it's more likely to survive an accident which breaks me.

Yes it’s a fair point .

I’ve got no where to fall - apart from that big hole . After a few days my wife would notice me missing and report it . My own urine is quite nice so I could survive .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JSHarris said:

Best thing I've ever bought was a set of Peltor ear defenders with a built-in FM radio.  Means I can listen to the radio without annoying anyone else. 

It also means that I can put them on to listen to the omnibus edition of The Archers on Sunday morning without being disturbed...

They are hard to wear when it's very warm. After a few days it takes a big squirt of febreeze to kill the smell of sweat. 

The radio is very good though. Much better than having earphones inside the unit.