Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. I've used pear stairs quite a few years ago. They were good then but it was a while ago. As for ply a joiners workshop will make you stairs out of it if you want. I'd be interested to see the finished result it could be really nice if you had the right kind of ply with decent layers.
  2. They will get to vote then. Scroungers in my view is any working aged adult who is a consistent net drain on society. Including those with anxiety and other spurious disability claims.
  3. The problem is everyone just votes themselves the money. Recent immigrants will never vote for less immigration, pensioners will never vote against the triple lock, scroungers will never vote for the 2 child benefit cap. The way I see pensioners could still be net contributors to the state. And those that aren't should accept that their 40 or 50 year period of contributing and voting is over. Anyway im taking this off topic sorry.
  4. I set mine up at both ends of the hall. Marked pencil lines halfway down the hall on the 2 side walls. Measure between both pencil lines. In theory the gap should be the same but I was suprised how much it differed. Read the manual and it was in spec
  5. We should remove universal suffrage and only allow votes based on whether you are a net contributor to society. 16 year olds now. Too young to buy fags or have a drink but get a say in how the country is run. What next primary school pupils.
  6. I don't understand what is being asked here. Are you asking if the force of the waste will squeeze itself between the pipe and the fitting then down to the rubber?! Ive forgot how neurotic you can be when doing a project. You get paralysed by decisions and worries like this. It won't be a problem.
  7. You'd be suprised how far they can be out and still be in spec. I tested mine in a big sports hall, one end and the other then checked the difference between the two marks. From memory it was something like maybe 18mm and checked the book and was in spec. Although 18 does sound a lot maybe it was 8 ?!
  8. It obviously the way you come across or you might be intimidating them with your knowledge being more than they have. I'd suggest trying to find plumbers who advertise themselves as the dogs bollocks. Maybe even one of these heat geek types. You're more likely to find one on your wavelength then with a bit of passion for the trade.
  9. Option 1
  10. They only find the joints if it leaks surely? Just make a good job you should be fine.
  11. dust wont be a problem have you seen the dust they create when mixing gear. Is he on price though as might have the ump if not 100% ready to go at. Don't slow them down
  12. Looks good. When rolling does he put a completely new coat on or just go over the wet spray coat?
  13. They stick upvc to underside on developer garage openings if using a catnic
  14. Normal as it is. I'd say it would be unusual to plasterboard 1 side first. They will bang their own noggins in as needed. No stress
  15. trench width seems big I've seen plenty of drain runs excavated with a 12" bucket. Is that a reg or just a guide?
  16. This thread could not be a more perfect example of the level of understanding the average person has of their heating system.
  17. Good chance op doesn't even know what cop is...
  18. Very topical... ill grab my popcorn 🍿
  19. I'm assuming he's still gonna go down br route. He can get them inspected and poured before planning if he wants?
  20. Why is it wrong to dig foundations in your garden before the planning comes through. It's only like digging a hole in your garden. If the neighbours are on side and happy I don't think there's any moral quandary. Crack on if you're brave and confident the planning coming, if thats what you want to do.
  21. What are we talking about bc or planning here? Could you not submit notice with bc and proceed with building regardless of planning
  22. Some big screws used there i assume? What are the packers just an offcut of same section timber?
  23. Assume with well insulated house you bring temp down during day when sun shining?
  24. Normal non smoke fire doors can have this size gap at bottom. I've never seen a smoke door in single dwelling so you should be fine.
  25. What about materials. I think you need cheaper energy for these to cost less. Energy prices effect everything.
×
×
  • Create New...