Jump to content

Pocster

Members
  • Posts

    14433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by Pocster

  1. I have another flat in the same block with presumably the exact same original tank etc ... Makes me think it’s a bomb waiting to go .....
  2. Who knows . I was always under the believe ( as told to me by multiple plumbers ) that they need no servicing ...... The report from plumber ( as supplied by agent ) says “ariston water heater appears split “ Now says replaced with new stainless steel . Is it possible it wasn’t steel Originally ? ( I haven’t been to the property in 15 years so I certainly can’t remember)
  3. 1 done and tested . 49 to go ?
  4. What’s the real difference between internal and external cat ??
  5. Had this happen twice on seperate rental properties... ???? Is this common ? Both tanks about 15 years old . It’s an expensive mess when it goes wrong . 2 tanks in 3 months £££££ - donations gratefully welcome
  6. I didn’t know that !!! How ? These are poe ( not sure if that has any impact )
  7. You can never have too many!
  8. 4 points per bed room. Multi Sensor (or 2 ) per room. ip cctv (not in bedrooms! - but maybe a covert one in the bathroom! ?) Wall mounted iPads to control HA (or use phone) etc.etc.etc. + lots of other smaller things like for TV etc.
  9. What's this nonsense!!!
  10. Think I’ve done all the wiring for the above ground floor . Bit of a nightmare if there’s an issue . Going to start wiring up the 50 or so cat5 cables ? ; boredom will become king ! It is indeed the Devils Corner !!
  11. I think from memory ( need to check ) I used http://www.vacuum-panels.co.uk
  12. Replaced that cable in the end . Still ordered 4 of those maintenance free connectors - bound to come in use at some point .
  13. Not sure tbh . There was a cover over this which I ripped off so *assume* this is the finish ....
  14. Here’s the far side vertical . Also steel ; no jamb to cover any screws .
  15. Ahhhh Now this is where we differ ! . I have the ‘frameless ‘ version . No timber jamb . Will put photos up tomorrow. Tempted to just foam it on the far side ....
  16. So you screw from behind I.e through the stud into the steel ? . Any special screws required for this ? ( presume wood screws won’t bite into the steel )
  17. How did you fix the far vertical part of the frame ( on the right ) - doesn’t have any fixing holes at all .
  18. Maintenance free junction boxes ordered ! thanks all ! Sparky won’t have a fit now !! ??
  19. I think that junction box you link to will be perfect . I have plenty of space so that’s not an issue . Think I might get a few of those “ just in case “ I.e for next time !!
  20. Ah bum ! Drill snagged one of my radial socket cables ! . Assume I don’t have to re thread an entire new cable through ? . What’s the proper way to join this ? I.e a way an electrician would be happy with ? this Ok ? Won’t have any access ; so needs to be fix and forget https://www.screwfix.com/p/debox-in-line-connector-box/8692H?tc=ST2&ds_kid=92700050366088830&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249401&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI46ebq_y35wIViZntCh2eRAhlEAQYASABEgJi-_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  21. Got the frame roughly in . Is this enough ‘edge’ for the frame ? Allowing for plasterboard ( can use 6mm if I have to ) and skim . As no finished floor have allowed 20mm off screed floor
  22. Marine ply on this wall not strictly necessary but .... you know ! So pocket door frame will fix next to this . Then I’ll build a ‘skinny’ stud wall in front of that - once I understand the pocket door ....
  23. The anti slam instructions have beaten me ! . Perhaps it’s obvious when you have the door to hand . For now I shall just walk away to stop my cursing
  24. Devolo powerline exactly allows this . One ssid and you roam between them automatically with no issues . Speed you get though seems to be down to your wiring . Some seem very fast - others relatively slow .
  25. Devolo stuff has saved me many times . Pretty reliable. Suggest buying the latest models
×
×
  • Create New...