Jump to content

Pocster

Members
  • Posts

    14433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by Pocster

  1. It's neat and a good price. But I'm keen to keep everything to one technology i.e. z wave - always feels more reliable rather than mixing things.... BTW my bedroom will have a bright green LED rim around the ceiling and a smooth turquoise strip around the floor - tacky? NAH! not me! living the dream!!!
  2. Yep; profile and diffuser. I do agree that luminous green, or rampant red does indeed look tacky. Great way to entertain the grand children though!! . Once they've left it's back to 'normal' white ?
  3. Sure; soldering is fine - just on site I was hoping for 'clips'. As the LED tape ( will use correct terminology from now ) is in a bathroom recess ; I want it to be accessible i.e. removable should it need replacing. Did find this which has IP67 etc rated aswell. https://arc-led.co.uk/26-rgbwrgbww-colour-change-24v?page=2
  4. Whats the easiest way to wire this up on-site? i.e.no soldering....???
  5. Wonder if I can daisy chain them? i.e. one controller; 5 core cable to first LED strip, then from that 5 core cable to next and so on??. rather than running 5 core per light ( though that would have the advantage each one could be a different colour )
  6. ? Like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/LTRGBW-Gauge-Extension-Ribbon-Lighting/dp/B01G59WHR8/ref=asc_df_B01G59WHR8/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=205189075860&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3682477784216829389&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006567&hvtargid=pla-422156458445&psc=1
  7. Maybe able to answer my own question so to some extent.... So I just need a 5 core cable? What type of cable should it be?
  8. Hey! Interested in putting some of these in the bathroom. Want ones that have user colour selection. What I don't want is the transformer/controller near the LED strip . Ideally I want that mounted in my utility room and run a separate cable to the rope light. So my question is what type of cable must run from controller to light? - as it's colour selectable I assume it's some non standard arrangement? Guess if I had one it would be easier to understand ?
  9. Yeah . What I don’t like is the instructions don’t mention any of this . I really had to push them for an explanation of how this all works . Will update once I have door and post etc .
  10. Here’s the exert “ It’s a wooden doorpost designed the cover the current doorpost which converts it to suit the glass door. It’s glued over the top of the doorpost for the wooden door I believe, which would cover up the screw heads. “ whatever ! Sounds like a bodge too me !
  11. Well ! Eclisse didn’t tell me this ! But ..... Apparently with a glass door you get a wooden doorstop post ( !! ) that glues over that vertical . So you can screw through the face of it . None the less I’ll wait for the actual door to turn up ....
  12. Really ? Is there nothing CT1 can’t do ?
  13. Glue metal to timber ? Was going to foam it .
  14. Must quote this to my wife when she says “ when will we be moving in ? “ . No need to translate her response to my reply ...
  15. Exactly . The door stop ( as I understand it ) is in the anti slam mechanism in the horizontal header rail . I haven’t installed this yet as I don’t have the door . The instructions also ‘suggest’ screwing the metal frame from the rear which seems absurd - some kind of fixing would of helped
  16. Re did the ensuite shower support .; wasn’t happy with it 20mm above finish floor ( gestimate ) . Now I reckon it would be more like 5mm ?
  17. Right ! Got this fitted correctly and level apart from the opposite side of the door frame . That white is the finish so can’t fix through it . The frame is all metal with no fixings on that side or at the back !! . Can’t see any other option but to foam . Suggestions welcome ; before I foam and forget
  18. I have already purchased a seperate Din rail box - can take 48 Qubinos - that should be enough ?
  19. Christ ! sinks as big as a bath !!
  20. Yes ! My next question would of been height of WC !!!
  21. Ok ! Think I’ll glue and screw your horizontal support and also the marine ply .
  22. D4 ??
  23. I like what you’ve done there - a chunky timber straight across . How did you decide height for the sink ? Might do similar as you and marine ply ontop aswell . You used mrpb on the walls not a water resistant tile backer board ?
  24. Could marine ply the whole wall before tile backer board ...??
×
×
  • Create New...