-
Posts
21178 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
207
Everything posted by Onoff
-
To be completely honest, with hindsight I wish I'd done something like that for my kids in the garden and sod the pp. I got as far as this. They had loads of fun in it. TBF there was a dead tree there originally with a wooden platform. Things just...mushroomed.
-
Not many tree houses you see with Celotex in the walls. Nice too that it's big enough to hold family gatherings in...
-
Hmmm...🤔 As lovely as it is did they get planning permission? Surrey...guessing they've a few quid. Surely it's too high? Sleeping and eating in there? Pics of the girl in her dressing gown and sipping a cuppa??? https://www.borntoengineer.com/mushroom-shed-of-the-year-2017
-
Yes, that's how most were done.
-
Just put a trace heating tape on the pipe. Used to see loads of them on the taps on high rise roofs. Something like this: https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BNPW01.html
-
Call that crud?
-
Pack on top and under the washer with say Sikaflex, BT1 etc. Push the trap down into it until it squidges out but DO NOT let it turn as you tighten the black nut. Wipe the excess off with the cheapest, unscented baby wipes and leave to set.
-
When using these... https://rockbottomnorthampton.co.uk/products/draper-tungsten-carbide-grit-hole-saw-20mm-34866? I first smear a dab of copper or aluminium anti seize on the thread of the drill arbour. I constantly spray water on the drill. Periodically I hold the core drill with a bfo pair of moles or an adjustable spanner across the flats of the slots and reverse the drill to remove. Then knock the accumulated, compacted crud out with a bit of stud or rod. Go again, repeat.
-
All the required clearances are here. Manufacturer's instructions also need to be taken into account in case greater: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6336e58be90e0772dc9651a2/ADJ_2022.pdf
-
-
School mums... 😉
-
Buy a 3D printer and print a spanner!
-
Very Wet weather coming.
Onoff replied to saveasteading's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Some decent rain will swell my swedes. -
Standard 1/2" BSP, parallel threads.
-
20 "snacks" in each packet?
-
With the full EV I only go into a petrol station now to buy unhealthy snacks...
-
I'd use Forever White or BT1. Both have fungicide in them.
-
In 10 years, all good: I did have to back it off at installation and smear with Jet Blue Plus because of a drip:
-
Soda blasting too: https://premiumdoorstripping.co.uk/what-is-soda-blasting/
-
How about CO2 paint stripping? For example: https://iceblasters.co.uk/
-
What will look odd is if a groove is off centre to a single gang switch/socket.
-
Mice can get through a hole the diameter of a pencil. Any holes you find, stuff with cheap stainless steel dish scourers. For example: https://www.savers.co.uk/household/all-household/cleaning-products/cleaning-sponges-dish-cloths/super-bright-stainless-steel-scourers-6-pack/p/574155
-
Top tip, never work with cables if you've been eating, sandwiches etc and not washed your hands thoroughly. All that crumby, oily goodness leaves traces on the cables that makes it attractive to rodents. You could invest in a can of Anti Marten spray. I spray vulnerable areas and under the bonnets of parked cars with it.
-
Freezer on the right, fridge on the left. Leads run from both appliances to a socket behind the cupboard on the left. Somehow SWMBO and I didn't kill each when one was feeding and the other grabbing the leads.
