Your most antisocial delivery?

Just had a 5am delivery of a 35-40kg ish shower screen left in my porch when I am up so he could ring the bell and help me put it aside until next week.

Can just about handlie it, but ... Bugger.

Good job it is the downstairs shower.

Ferdinand

We live in a rural area, however we’re about half a mile from the village Junior school, so we have a “rush hour” at 8:30 and 3:00 which lasts about half an hour as parents deliver their kids. I usually tell delivery companies not to deliver during at this time. Inevitably they ignore the request and arrive at rush hour, but if they parked close to the site entrance you can get a Luton sized van or a tractor past, so usually it’s not an issue.    However one of the mums drives a 12feet wide Mini and absolutely refuses to pass any stationary delivery wagon, resulting in a que of cars behind her. I’ve learnt never to get involved in such traffic issues, as a mum on a mission should not be messed with!

Ah yes, there is something about the "school run" traffic.  I have learned to avoid one particular junction in town for a half hour period in the mornings.  The School run drivers seem to think they have right of way to barge out of a give way junction in front of you in a continuous line without even looking.

Re delivery. not so much anti social, I had one parcel delivered by DPD that took a week of delivery attempts.  I kept getting texts saying "tried to deliver nobody in" but I WAS in.  I kept contacting the company asking that they give my phone number to the driver and he can phone me as he is clearly at the wrong house.  I kept giving instructions like "if there is not an old green Landrover outside then you are at the wrong house, phone me for directions" but none of that got through to the driver.

On about the 5th day I was in all day and I watched the road like a hawk for any van.  And sure enough one went down the road so I was standing in the road when he came back so he had to stop.  Sure enough it was my delivery driver who had been trying to deliver it to the other empty new build further down the road, (in spite of that house not displaying a house name and our house was displaying the name) and he had no instructions at all.  I cannot understand how a delivery company can refuse to pass delivery instructions to the driver and so waste their time and the customers time.

44 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I had one parcel delivered by DPD that took a week of delivery attempts.

I’m on first name terms with Mark my DPD delivery driver, top bloke!

I find that if you log onto the tracking information, you can then leave instructions that the driver then sees on his vehicle terminal.

Edited by Triassic

There is one estate in a town near us where I have learned NEVER to book a job on bin day.  It's one of those estates where there is nowhere near enough parking. If you park on bin day such that the bin lorry cannot get through, the council will slap a fine on your car.  It's never happened to me but I know people who have been fined.

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

I think I have only had two deliveries from Yodel, both disasters that forced me to have to drive to Truro.

They are a delivery company that should not exist.

Hear hear! Had issue with them this week. A tracker that doesn't work. A pgone system that doesn't recognise postcodes or their own tracking numbers. A phone system that tells you the number has changed to..... The number you're calling on. Missing items. Dpd have had the same driver for over a year and its brilliant. Earliest delivery we had was our mattress - at 7am.

I love DPD. They always deliver around lunchtime and I don’t think they’ve ever let me down. Amazon always used to use them here and that was great but they appear to have switched to Hermes who delivery at random times. Up to 9pm! 

Did have a Tesco delivery at 23.45 once when the driver broke down. In fairness they did text me but the time kept getting later and later. I did not want to be putting shopping away at midnight!