Shower screens

Stones

Mine came with brackets for the wall and an aluminium channel for the tray. The channel was fixed to the tray with silicone. The channel was also part filled with silicone and glass inserted. Excess silicon removed. Very little silicone is visible, no large beads to speak of. Ten years later all still stuck solid. 

On 08/09/2016 at 22:24, Nickfromwales said:

With a picture maybe ? ;)

On 08/09/2016 at 21:14, Auchlossen said:

Ahaha... at the risk of subverting the thread, herein lies an important issue: what is the best trap? In my temporary abode, I have Roman shower with conical filter set at the front of the shower. Excellent easily removed and almost self emptying conical filter that seems to let the water through pretty effectively. Does anyone recognize this item and can identify it?

On the tin, it says it is a Matki waste outlet. It is the sort of quality piece of kit that every home cleaner [that's me too] would thank you for.

1-IMG_20160913_114304437.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thought it best to add onto this thread rather than create a new one.

We have a 900 x 900 tray and need a new enclosure.  The Mrs wanted a pivot door and I couldn't manage to change her mind.  Anyway it came and when our plumbers have tried to fit it the enclosure would simply not work.  The only way to achieve the door being square was to have the bottom section of the door on about a 30 degree angle, similarly if you put the door section square then the actual door itself was out by about 30 degree.  I had lots of to and fro with the retailer who said first of all it was a faulty door, new one was subsequently sent out and the same issues existed!  After more discussion they have just agreed to give me a full refund as they state their technical team can offer no more support.  I suspect that this is the first of the type of enclosure they have sold and unfortunately I have been the guinea pig as they are not even interested in picking up the 'faulty' doors.

Anyway my issue now is that I must find a new enclosure.  I have managed to convince the Mrs to go Bi-fold or hinged.  Our problem lies that the doors we took out had wall channels that were 42mm wide and so we need something at least the same width to either take up the same holes in our newly drilled tiles or at least to be able to hide them.

Does anyone know of any such enclosures that offer this?  I have done much trawling of the internet and it is difficult to get the channel width on most doors pillars, then ones I can find information on generally seem to be 30mm.

23 hours ago, Temp said:

Any chance of a photo? I don't understand how a door can be 30 degrees out.

If you have any spare tiles I'd just bash them out and replace.

I will try and dig out what I have when I finish work tonight.

I do have spare tiles but thats going to add in extra cost to get a tiler back and I was wanting to avoid that if possible.

23 hours ago, ProDave said:

So you now have two "faulty" doors going begging?

I have 2 doors and 1 side panel going spare, free for collection in County Durham

Pretty sure the doors are of no use, hopefully it will be seen in pics I post in a bit.

• 2 years later...
On 07/09/2016 at 08:43, Nickfromwales said:

image.jpg

This is an infold door, just two of them. If you zoom in on the tray edge you'll see a chrome threshold that I butted up to the raised floor tile. That is about as frameless as you can get without having a Wetroom. 

Those doors came with the receiver that would have gone opposite so it could be fitted in an alcove. They got ditched and the square magnetic strips got switched out to ones which were at 45o. Both got supplied as it's an universal setup eg it could have also gone against a fixed glass side panel ;)

Nick, any chance of a PM pls where you got these doors from + some idea of cost too for a two door kit like the pic. SWMBO and the kids well happy with the wet room corner but I don't like the albeit slight over spray that goes 1 tile beyond the falls area if you're not careful. The UFH, body dryer and venting will help I know I just want options. 

You know me, my mind's going off on an exotic forced air curtain / force field at the mo!

• Confused 1

The doors were from Novellini .

The company rep was an arsehole and the manufacturers literature was incorrect. 

As I had to get those doors mm perfect to get the two magnetic seals to be parallel, plumb and true, I was less than happy when I discovered that the dimensions in the technical literature were all one size out per line. The 720mm was on the 740mm line and so on all the way through to the 980mm option I chose ( off plan before even starting the room ) which was actually only 960mm when sat midway into the wall profiles. ?

Result was the two doors fully opened and sat perfectly at 90 degrees to the walls, and the two magnetic strips sat waving at each other, 40 odd mm across from each other. 

Peter the Novellini rep in Swansea was a condescending prick and I ejected him from the customers house when he just started blaming me. 

So, long and short, check what you get BEFORE fitting it so you don’t get screwed over. 

I think you’ll be ok as you don’t need yours to meet in the middle?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

I think you’ll be ok as you don’t need yours to meet in the middle?

I tried giving a laugh / thanks AND like. Best supplier REVIEW ever, still laughing.

Splash zone reaches the duck if you're not careful.

20190626_205045.thumb.jpg.850b4f0541978457519d34a2add2e74e.jpg

I'd need them to meet. Compounded by the mixer position. Rhs doors would clout it?

20190626_205015.thumb.jpg.b7f8613fc5b0d226a4bdfc8bcc4676fc.jpg

Tbh I'm not overly bothered as I tanked everything but NOT the side of the bath, though I did the bath "deck". We squeegee the floor afterwards and I at least kick my used towel around the floor as you advise people I believe.

Whatever, the experience is very nice. The rainfall is great. Being 6"5" it's great to be able to stand up straight under it.

Yup. I took my scabby existing 8.5kw electric shower and hooked up a rainfall head and I'd never look back. 

Had a client with 2 power showers ( the guy I fitted the horizontal UVC for in the attic, and when I finally persuaded him to go for the bar mixer all-in-one rail, handset and rainfall head, he was chuffed. 

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Being 6"5" it's great to be able to stand up straight under it.

I had you pegged at not a jot more than 6' 4&3/4".