Who is happiest?? (should that be 'whom'? - blame the comprehensive high school I went to).

TheMitchells

Boys and their toys!!  Christmas came early...............:D

DSC_0420.JPG

And my new bedtime reading!!xD

DSC_0430.JPG

Not sure which of us is happiest - is that sad or what??

and for those intersted its a DeWalt (naturally) DCS355D2 Brushless Oscillating Multi-tool 18 volt with TWO batteries.

• Like 2

Everyone loves new tools. I you haven't already been told. 

http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwxLC9BRDb1dP8o7Op68IBEiQAwWggQJmFY86Dxf88TCM9-yiv5xTsJPja0tIfCqNht3TkwNIaArkU8P8HAQ

Is the cheapest place I have found for blades. They also sell through eBay if that is easier ;)

I spent a decent chunk last night replacing a load of my stolen tools. It won't quite be the same but I am still looking forward to them turning up. 

• Like 1

That multi tool is a cracker, and if Dewalt hadn't gone through a stage of producing disgustingly poor tools for a few years, I'd have one now. I went all makita because of Dewalt's hiccup a few years back, and never regretted it, but the new Dewalt stuff is undeniably good.

Fwiw I bought the Dewalt chopsaw a few years back ( DWS 780 XPS shadow line ) and it's outstanding. Still going strong. 

Anyone seen the new 54 volt "FlexVolt" Dewalt stuff? looks good, but Jesus H Christ, it is expensive o.O !!!

I guess this thread is the place to admit my Makita obsession: chop saw plus 18v kit comprising drill, driver (both brushless), circ saw, angle grinder, and sander. Fortunately I don't count tools against the house budget because that little lot cost me more than I am going to spend on the bathroom :o

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

Bosch all the way

A bit over priced I thought, especially the equivalent chop saw. 

My mates had grief with his ~ 4 year old dewalt stuff and my makita stuff ( for not much money ) is still flying. 

A few tools repaired free under the 3-year no quibble makita warranty :)

With the chance to buy bare tools now it makes it a lot cheaper to consider adding new to what you already have. The Bosch warranty is really good on the professional side of their tools. When I visit my brother in America I buy my Bosch tools which are cheaper over there. I think Dewalt and Makita are good tools but prefer the look and quality of Bosch. Just to add I have a Dewalt 705 Chop saw that is over 20 years old and is still going strong. 

Since buying a brushless Makita impact driver early on in the build, I now won't buy any other brand.  I always buy the cheapest brushless version of whatever tool I need and am consistently blown away by their quality and performance.

I don't use Makita's batteries though.  You can get off-brand batteries for less than half the price that seem to perform perfectly well.

51 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Jeremy said he's had good results with the copy batteries :). I'll probably go that way when I need my next ones. 

@jack, do you have a link to the ones you went with or did you follow JSH?

Not sure what Jeremy used.  I bought two of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FDEX6A4

To be honest, given how long they last and how fast they charge, I could have gotten away with just buying one.  I know this is true because one of them went "missing" from the site at some point, and it took me months to notice!

On 12 August 2016 at 13:36, Nickfromwales said:

You want to buy my ( spare ) charger? I just bought this bad boy

:( I didn't know they made this one 

https://www.howetools.co.uk/makita-dc18sf-18v-14-4v-four-port-charger?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0MW9BRDxtYTn2_S699MBEiQAw33y44kckE7ajm63yGodIQb7gxwmgwme6ZfFgsY6B5t5cugaAhlZ8P8HAQ

On 12/08/2016 at 13:36, Nickfromwales said:

You want to buy my ( spare ) charger? I just bought this bad boy

Nah, the speed I work at one 3.0Ah battery lasts about 4 years! xD

The promised white 18v Makita never materialised . Instead he's given me, via his brother a 12V DeWalt with 2 batteries. Really struggled to find the words.....

Something else to take up shelf space!

My 12v dewalt was SINGULARLY the hardest working cordless drill I ever owned ( for its size ). I lent mine to my stepdad about 5 years ago and he's still 'borrowing' it with it still going good guns. 

I've got a charger for that somewhere too if you want a spare :D

Anybody else want a standard makita charger? Don't bother with it now after buying the twin one :).

1 hour ago, Construction Channel said:

£209 or buy 2x dual for £120 ????

Definately mine and yes, I am 'queen' of the garden.  he occasionally cuts the grass but thats about it.  :)  Here's the view from the patio - strategically placed trees hide all the neighbouring windows so its quite secluded.

Chacombe Road 009.JPG

Edited by TheMitchells
  • Like 2