Don't forget to pay that bill!

read that on the bus this morning. apparently the work had just finished and it was due to re-open today wasn't it. All for £600. Still at least they must know who it is f it relates to a pay dispute. Plus he clearly knows how to efficiently operate a digger, so if anyone needs to get some foundations underway just make an offer to HMP Liverpool in a couple of weeks cos i'm pretty sure they'll have someone available on day release at the rate of sod all pounds to you....

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Don't think his next customer in 5-7 years will try to hold back any money. 

Would you want to be a customer of his though?

What an absolute waste over £600. He hasn't hurt the people who actually owe him the money, and now risks a criminal record (assuming he hasn't got one already) and the cost of repairing the damage.

Allegedly he hadn’t been paid since before Christmas and had to go through Christmas with no money. Whilst I don’t condone his actions I can see how this may have caused him to flip. 

A go fund me campaign to pay him the £600 has already hit 3k. 

16 hours ago, ProDave said:

An interesting statement.  Some people think if you build something and don't get paid, you have a right to go and "un build it"  Apparently you don't.

A company my hubby was involved with when we lived down south regularly used to go and remove kit if they didn’t get paid (electric gates mostly). Generally once someone started removing it the home owner paid up. I think they had something in their contract that said that the goods were owned by them until the bill was paid. 

16 hours ago, ProDave said:

An interesting statement.  Some people think if you build something and don't get paid, you have a right to go and "un build it"  Apparently you don't.

Bet you a million quid he "unbuilt" a hell of a lot more than he built for £600.

I don't care how angry he was or how unreasonably he was treated, what he chose to do was stupid and reckless.

It wasn't just him that was missing his wages.  The company hadnt paid lots of his co workers from before Christmas.  The digger driver had been waiting all day with his boss promising the money was on the way and he waited and waited and waited.  The temper took over and he went nuts. 

According to reports in the media the digger driver was officially of no fixed abode, had long standing mental health problems, had no bank account, had never claimed benefits and relied on being paid cash in order to survive.  Not being paid for several weeks had apparently tipped him over the edge.  Still wrong, but I can understand why he acted as he did.  I went around in the middle of the night and took back something that had been taken from me without payment many years ago, as the police said it was none of their business.  I could have opted to try and go through the courts, but having seen how difficult that can be, direct action seemed a lot easier.  The police confirmed that I wasn't breaking any law, as long as I didn't enter any premises unlawfully.

According to my news feed he was due to be paid on Friday but the bank transfer was delayed to Monday. His workmates said if he'd checked his account on Monday he would have seen he had been paid!

7 hours ago, Temp said:

According to my news feed he was due to be paid on Friday but the bank transfer was delayed to Monday. His workmates said if he'd checked his account on Monday he would have seen he had been paid!

According to his friends, he doesn't have a bank account, as he's officially of no fixed abode.  He (and others) seem to have been waiting to get paid since before Christmas, it seems.

10 hours ago, Temp said:

I think the story has reached the point where journalists project the story line in any imaginary direction that their readership will find more palatable.

• 1 year later...