No deal Brexit impact

gc100

3 hours ago, joe90 said:

Brexit news this morning hints that it’s only fishing that is left to agree on. Let’s hope!

Hope for what, that we loose access to our fishing grounds, or access to our largest market place for fish.

We are unable to get haddock at the moment.

1 minute ago, SteamyTea said:

Hope for what, that we loose access to our fishing grounds, or access to our largest market place for fish.

We are unable to get haddock at the moment.

I don’t eat any fish . Our sh*t goes in the sea . Fish eats it . You eat fish and feel unwell . Fish are well dodgy ; no legs being the primary reason to be suspicious of them .

11 minutes ago, Onoff said:

So does our wee, evaporates, comes down as rain, cows eat the grass...

Wee tastes far better than poo . Thought you would of learnt that from the ‘Vicars and Knockers’ party we were at during the last lockdown.

14 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Prawns, lobster, crayfish, cockles etc?

All bottom feeders, best avoided.

I often watch the seagulls feeding at the end of the sewage pipes at Porthleven and St. Ives, and wonder why they prefer human scat over chips and ice cream.

Then I chatted to @pocster. 

• Thanks 1

France bans ALL travel from the UK - including truck and lorry drivers.

https://www.cityam.com/new-france-bans-all-travel-from-the-uk-including-truck-and-lorry-drivers/

The French Government has banned all travel from the UK for 48 hours, including freight drivers.

The move comes after the Netherlands and Belgium made similar calls after the emergence of a mutant strain of Covid-19 in Britain.

The move will cause chaos at Britain’s ports, including Dover, and raises the prospect of truck-borne goods being held up at the border alongside their drivers for a full two days.

7 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Thought you would approve, keeping immigrants out.

strange how the countries the  immigrants pass through  before they camp  in calais  have the worst covid problems -- another coincidence?

Edited by scottishjohn

5 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Thought you would approve, keeping immigrants out.

I thought the ban was one way?

No restriction on the boatloads coming in as far as I'm aware. This 48 hour ban will allow the French to devote more time and resources to pointing them in our direction surely?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

another coincidence

No, a biased, fake correlation.  We have moved on from the 1970s in both statistics and attitude.

25 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I thought the ban was one way?

The very nature of immigration is that it works both ways.  Why the French are introducing a 'protocol'.  Ours will be better, World Class in fact.

24 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

43 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

my guess cos the frogs are showing us what it could be like if we don,t do a deal 

The trouble with that is with no deal they have no access to our waters, at least a deal would give them some access! Also we sell most of our fish to the EU, with tariffs the cost of the fish they eat will go up.  “Cutting your nose off to spite your face” springs to mind.

1 minute ago, joe90 said:

The trouble with that is with no deal they have no access to our waters, at least a deal would give them some access! Also we sell most of our fish to the EU, with tariffs the cost of the fish they eat will go up.  “Cutting your nose off to spite your face” springs to mind.

we have the only large fish stocks and crabs ,lobsters etc left in europe --cos the french and others have fished out their own waters long time ago 

and don,t get me started on the Italians  -on net sizes and how they shoot all the migranting wee birds for sport as they come across the med -they do not even eat them 

ask any game keeper that runs a shoot about french and Italian shooters --if it flys no matter the size they want to shoot it

and the ones that come widfowling to the solway -shoot swans and say theythought  they were geese -- if you can,t tell the difference --like its white and a very long neck --then you should not be shooting --

so we definately need to keep the fishing  and also stop selling of fish quotas by Uk fishermen -

same as you cannot sell netting rights for salmon -use it or loose it

• Like 1