The journey begins......

Tosh

Hi all,

Last year, after many years searching, we found our dream project i.e. right location, friendly neighbours, right price etc. We sold our house in the mid welsh borders in July 17 and completed the purchase on our new plot, also in the welsh borders, in Nov 17. The site is an old commercial timber yard set in 1.5 acres and we bought it with planning to convert the main steel portal frame workshop into the principle house and one of the sheds into ancillary accommodation. A soon as we purchased we put in for some variations to the planning conditions and were promptly rewarded with no objections and permission granted end of Jan 18.

We are currently going through the painful process of getting the SE to provide a scheme/calculations that meets our design brief and thus allows the architect to proceed with dwgs to BC. In the meantime we've being clearing the site which has been more or less abandoned for 10yrs, and demolishing some redundant buildings. I've felt like an extra in Day of the Triffids what with cutting down 20ft high brambles!

Guess that's enough about me for now so look forward to sharing our experiences with you all over the coming months (years?).

Toot toot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi @Tosh

Hello and welcome.  Everyone here is keen on photos, so don't be shy with them. This sounds like an interesting scheme. There are lots of members who will happily give valuable advice - just ask away. Some are a bit nerdy but don't let that bother you.

• Haha 2

Welcome! One of the mods can set you up with a blog so hopefully one will be along in a minute to sort that out for you. As @Mr Punter says we love to see photos so the more the merrier. The triffid photos would be a great first post, plus your plans of course. Always exciting to see what people are going to create. 

9 hours ago, Tosh said:

I have wondered about a blog

I was thinking about this too, less for me, but more just to keep the neighbours informed of what's going on and about to happen 

especially for days of major inconvenience, foundation pouring, big deliveries, cranes etc...

I've got a small server at home so will probably use that.

9 hours ago, Tosh said:

Is 'interesting' code for crazy B|? Thanks for the reassurance and I'll try n get some pics up tmrrw.

Blogs are good :) Hu, and welcome aboard. 

9 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Some are a bit nerdy but don't let that bother you.

Cheers :D