Builder wheelbarrow recommendations

7 minutes ago, flanagaj said:

Anyone have a recommendation for a good bombproof wheelbarrow that might survive the beasting of a self build project?

Go to the builders merchants and whichever they have most of, that is possibly the one you need. Get a small tin of 3 in 1 oil to lube the wheel bearing they sweek often. Beware the only thing stolen on our site was wheel barrows (X2), so don't go wild.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, flanagaj said:

Anyone have a recommendation for a good bombproof wheelbarrow that might survive the beasting of a self build project?

Yes. Any one - any one at all will do.

Provided you never ever lend it to anyone else

You've hit a raw spot - can you tell? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I lost a wheelbarrow too.  Didn't realise it was a 'thing' until now.  Keep an eye on Facebook market place for cheap 'disposable' wheelbarrows and use them to destruction; even when they're proper knackered you can often still salvage a spare wheel.  Alternatively, save yourself the hassle and get whatever your local BM sells the most of, x2 (one barrow is never enough 😉)

Prior to this thread (and therefore prior to considering how I would make sure it wouldn't be stolen) I had the Belle Warrior 100L with 4-Ply Tyre (02204) @ £180ish incl VAT on my list of purchases if we ever get planning permission... It seems to be one of the most highly regarded.

Belle Warrior is the bees knees, but is highly nickable - being Orange does not help. 

We managed with a heavy duty welded barrow that I had for ages, and also a barrow that the brickie's brought with them and left as it was in such a bad state. 

We also had a folding sack truck from costco. 

Toolmaster Folding 159kg/350lb Capacity Hand Truck | Cost... (costco.co.uk)

But should have had one of these:-

Cosco 3 in 1 Aluminium 992lb / 450kg Capacity Hand Truck ... (costco.co.uk)

Do not under estimate how many times you will move stuff around on a self build. :)

we bought one from Travis Perkins, solid wheel so no punctures.  It was about £40 (with trade discount) and has been brilliant and very hard wearing.  We do use an old one through for the mortar