Baufritz

Hello,

Have been looking at Baufritz. Has anyone any experience of building with their prefab super homes? Would be curious to know how they were to work with and what the end product was like. Do you recommend them?

Welcome.

I'm not sure if anyone here (on this board) has any experience of Baufritz: as I understand it they are a "Turnkey" company. Our focus is more on doing it on your own. 

Perhaps you could ask the company if they have any existing clients who are willing to talk to prospective customers. 

14 hours ago, Susan2024 said:

Hello,

Have been looking at Baufritz. Has anyone any experience of building with their prefab super homes? Would be curious to know how they were to work with and what the end product was like. Do you recommend them?

Sorry Susan, at least from a search of the word "Baufritz", no-one's posted about them before.

Still, it's possible someone might have had interactions with them but not mentioned it.

Also, BuildHub will still be a useful place to get information about everything Baufritz doesn't do (if you use them). You can get independent feedback on your house plans, for example, or about landscaping, planning, etc.

Good luck.

Well, they celebrated building their 100th home in the UK in 2023, but that is a tiny percentage. My marketing team discovered that there are somewhere between 15,000 to 18,000 UK self builds per annum in the UK (domestic 1-offs) as an 'average' (albeit these were quite difficult statistics to accurately ascertain) so that's the way I gauge their 'presence'.

Might I ask what the attraction to this particular company is? I am indifferent btw, just more curious than anything. What size home are you building?

17 hours ago, Susan2024 said:

Have been looking at Baufritz.

We also looked at Baufritz, back in 2009, when we were considering what we were going to build. We liked the look a great deal, and we thought the wood fibre insulation was interesting but unfortunately it was outside our budget. Only the price put us off 🥲.