Creating a smile in the mind - with bricks.

ToughButterCup

Saw this on Social media-very clever! Never done anything similar myself. 
intrigued by the bond used-assume it’s a ‘Wild Bond’ that the lads who went to the continent in the 90’s used to talk about. The only rule appears to be not to repeat the same course for a nominal vertical distance. 

• Like 1

How hard is it to do? Do you have to plan every ('...off - line ...') brick?  In other words 'map it out' first?

I ask because I'm at the stage of our build now ( i.e SWMBO is warm, dry and content) where I can allow myself a bit of fun  during the build.

We have a low retaining wall to build ( block 'main' wall but  brick faced)... and in the new year I'm off to the local Tech to do a basic bricklaying course for old farts. Really looking forward to it.   I just need to find a tame teenager to mix the mortar for me.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Corrected.

Got one [mixer]: used by all and sundry - but I'm the only one who cleans it properly - funny that innit.

I have a local teenager in mind. Like Rollo (remember him ? ) he has two speeds - Dead Slow or  Stop .  But he turns up every time he needs a few quid. Which is regularly.

"Grab that pick axe for me will ya !"     ----------   Puzzlement writ large over his face ----------  " Wha'sOneOthem then ? "

So GaudOnly knows what he'll make of a cement mixer.