Sockets under kitchen sink .

Space is tight . No room for sockets in unit to left or right of sink as dishwasher and washer .

Also pump needs to go under sink .

Google doesn’t suggest this is against regs . So sockets under kitchen sink ok ?

Assume best to place as far away from the tap ( in case tap leaks ) .

my sparky didn't say anything against it. i'd say just put them near the top of the unit so if there's a leak they won't be submerged! plus i'm sure you're using nice new RCBOs which make everything super safe anyway. 😉

• Like 1

Use common sense. Assume pipes WILL leak or drip, so avoid sockets directly under pipes.  I have a socket in the sink unit for the boiling water tap.

While we are at it, for dishwashers and washing machine, I fit the socket right at floor level UNDER the adjacent unit, so you don't need to pull the dishwasher or washing machine out to get to the plug, just remove a bit of kickboard.  That REALLY bugs me for PAT testing when you have to heave a washing machine out just to get to the plug.

Is there an option for an in line waterproof plug (like the type you get on a lawnmower) to extend to a sensible place? 

My personal preference when having to put Sockets under sinks and baths, is to put them on single unswitched Sockets. 

Logic being that is one less area for water to get into the back box, and one less risk. 

(if a socket did get wet, the instinct is to switch it off which means touching the water which could potentially be live) 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I didn't do this just tidied it up. Back box was rattling in the wall, access to inspect was a pig. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

PC290063.thumb.jpg.c1000be6fd29377314246d5dd9f95f71.jpg

I bet the original socket had scorch marks from the plumbers soldering.