RCBO for Mitsubishi Ecodan (11.2kW)

The schematic of my ASHP system design calls for a "30mA Type F RCD". I think that's out of date now and would need to be an RCBO. What type of RCBO do I want to use for this? Type / Curve and how do I reflect the "Type F RCD" requirement?

image.png.795810c8751accc22e9fecb0f19eb923.png

From Ecodan Installation Manual:
image.thumb.png.a475b451d4a1267d9d6384a37ad340f5.png

Edited by MortarThePoint

https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/products/electrical-circuit-protection/circuit-breakers/xpole-rccb/eaton-xpole-residual-current-devices-type-f-brochure-br019005en-en-us.pdf

I would be on the phone to the supplier & manufacturer of the heat pump for direct tech support, and get their responses in writing before planning your electrical arrangement. We are just simple folk with too much time on our hands ;) 

One way to resolve this is to Have the MCB in the consumer unit feed a armour cable to a surface enclosure that contains the type f RCD.( not necessary if the same make of mcbs/ RCD is used as you can’t mix and match inside the same consumer unit 

then cable to the ASHP as normal.

best advise as Nick says is get confirmation from the manufacturer.

your spark will decide if it’s 6mm2 or 10mm2 based on the circuit design.

• 1 month later...

It's the DC component that's the issue, not the actual currrent and that could well be RCD brand specific. The original incoming 100mA type-S I installed in our meter box was sensitive to our CE-iVT9, as soon as the inverter was energised (but before actually driving the compressor to any degree) it would trip out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dpmiller said:

It's the DC component that's the issue, not the actual current and that could well be RCD brand specific. The original incoming 100mA type-S I installed in our meter box was sensitive to our CE-iVT9, as soon as the inverter was energised (but before actually driving the compressor to any degree) it would trip out.

Despite the the kW rating of an ASHP the electrical supply has to allow for the millisecond jump of power when the ASHP switches on. Fuse type , size of cable and fuse amperage all different than we expected, prior to reading the CE-iVT9 installation manual.