Moving in, stage 1.. hooray

saveasteading

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

Interested in the bedroom (last picture), I assume there is a normal window as well as the roof.

No, we had no existing openings there ( I should post the ,' before" photo. As it was the middle of the stable.)

We considered forming an.opening but decided against on cost and stability grounds.

It is very bright in there with double skylights. Wrong direction for seeing the northern lights from bed.

2 hours ago, Jilly said:

Lovely! What a fabulous view! Well done 👏 

We didn't make the view but it is amazing. The field had the barley that will be Speyside whisky in a few years. The distance is looking straight towards @ProDave but there are hills between.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, saveasteading said:

No, we had no existing openings there ( I should post the ,' before" photo. As it was the middle of the stable.)

We considered forming an.opening but decided against on cost and stability grounds.

It is very bright in there with double skylights. Wrong direction for seeing the northern lights from bed.

So how does just 2 skylights comply with being a means of escape?

The exposed stone on the walls is a  heat sink, but the bco was pragmatic and likes it as "heritage".

Upstairs the ties are exposed for heritage too, but it also provides a tiny bit more headroom and much more feeling of space.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, saveasteading said:

ties are exposed 

So far there is no query about fire protection. If it comes, then I think I can show that it is unnecessary. The chunkiness of the timber and where is the source. It certainly doesnt worry me.

6 minutes ago, Alan Ambrose said:

several cold beers

I'm not there but daughter etc are. There was a nice photo of a barbecue with beer. 10.00 at night and still sunny and warm.....and the view as seen and another over ancient woodland.

The main thing is that the whole building (2/3 of the inside still to do) is dry for the first time in manyp decades.